• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MR Pop up owners

Brian6594

Looking at a Pop up 28 or 38.
If you know,
Will the 28 hold something like a Sitka Fanatic bib in the main pouch?

Thank you

Brian

I have the 38, so no help with info about fitting it in the bag. That said, you should be able to fit it in the overload shelf easily.

I have the 38, so no help with info about fitting it in the bag. That said, you should be able to fit it in the overload shelf easily.
I am looking at the 38 as an option, actually leaning towards it.
What do you think of the pack so far?

I am looking at the 38 as an option, actually leaning towards it.
What do you think of the pack so far?

It is OK. It is growing on me. I use a Stone Glacier XCurve frame and it has spoiled me. To me, a full size frame pack made to carry heavy weight is always going to be better than an in betweener, like the popup. I got the popup to navigate through brush easier.

I had it out last weekend hiking a very small portion of the AT and it did well. I am going to throw some weight on it this weekend and see how it feels.

When empty, the bag, on top, does not cinch down tight. But you can loop the top strap around to get it tighter. Search rockslide forum for popup and you will see more info. on it.

Looking at a Pop up 28 or 38.
If you know,
Will the 28 hold something like a Sitka Fanatic bib in the main pouch?

Thank you

Brian
I have the Popup 28. As far as the Sitka Fanatic Bib goes...I have the first lite sanctuary bibs. It will fit in the main pouch but it will be tight. I like to put my woodbury and bib between the frame and pack. It fits there better.

It is OK. It is growing on me. I use a Stone Glacier XCurve frame and it has spoiled me. To me, a full size frame pack made to carry heavy weight is always going to be better than an in betweener, like the popup. I got the popup to navigate through brush easier.

I had it out last weekend hiking a very small portion of the AT and it did well. I am going to throw some weight on it this weekend and see how it feels.

When empty, the bag, on top, does not cinch down tight. But you can loop the top strap around to get it tighter. Search rockslide forum for popup and you will see more info. on it.
I always forget about Rockslide as a resource.
Thank you for the input..

This is a great little review. I bought the 38 and I have the mule bag on the way to swap out on the frame for early season. My two biggest gripes are 1. It doesn't cinch tight when empty, 2. No internal pockets.

The biggest selling point is versatility. I can navigate brush, use it as a treestand pack, and swap bags. Though, the idea of getting a Pintler or Sawtooth is growing on me.

Last edited:
I should also say the idea of putting a climbing method and platform in the meatshelf is very appealing.

I have the 28 i dont think the fanatic bibs will fit inside or it will be very tight. The overload shelf would be a better place to store them. I like the pack but it is a bit noisy with all the buckles and the cordura material. Im 50/50 on keeping it as of now will have to play with it some more.

This is a great little review. I bought the 38 and I have the mule bag on the way to swap out on the frame for early season. My two biggest gripes are 1. It doesn't cinch tight when empty, 2. No internal pockets.

The biggest selling point is versatility. I can navigate brush, use it as a treestand pack, and swap bags. Though, the idea of getting a Pintler or Sawtooth is growing on me.

I forgot to mention that the mule bag can be bought and used on the popup frame. The mule would be a good addition to the 38.

My experience is that full size frames/packs are more comfortable and carry more weight. I see that is echoed by other reviewers.

I have the 28 i dont think the fanatic bibs will fit inside or it will be very tight. The overload shelf would be a better place to store them. I like the pack but it is a bit noisy with all the buckles and the cordura material. Im 50/50 on keeping it as of now will have to play with it some more.

One member, [mention]kyler1945 [/mention] , has a 28 and he connected a dayone pack to his frame. The dayone packs are super quiet. I have one too. When my sewing skills improve, I am going to try and do what he did.

I thought about trying to connect my Badlands pursuit to it but im not good at seweing either lol. I might try out the new trophyline pack when it comes out. It is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. But overall the popup is def a nice pack.

I thought about trying to connect my Badlands pursuit to it but im not good at seweing either lol. I might try out the new trophyline pack when it comes out. It is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. But overall the popup is def a nice pack.

Trophyline pack?

I know a large Fanatic jacket fits in the 28 just fine with room to spare. I will check in the morning when I get home and let you know if the bibs fit.

Pop up 28. Large fanatic set. Lets see if this works.

fd46e9cc06f26004acf7b91968430ee9.jpg

21038f5ebac8b752892f2afa629f2825.jpg

4483481358897e298584c105f9ec6cb0.jpg

20ae027713ceff91adfbcfad621a1e23.jpg

0b194548c14b1911c0044c62bd5ca1fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing this. I run the FL Sanctuary bibs and jackets which are pretty much a similar bulk and have been wondering is the would fit the 28. Awesome packing demo im sold on this pack!

WoW WoW WoW
I can’t thank you enough for posting this!!!
Do you have any Pro or Con issue with the Pop up series that you would share?
Again
Thank you so much for posting this.
Brian

No problem fellas, i would be glad to pack on more if youd like to see anything. I dont have a ton of time in the pack but being military i have time in other packs of theres. The pop up is a solid in between pack. For a mobile whitetail guy i think it is an excellent choice. Not as quiet as a fleece or loft material pack by any means but u sacrifice some quietness for the durability of cordura.

Back