• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy and Hawk sticks may be no more

parkersdad

Jan 7, 2015
GSM bought out muddy and Hawk. i called this morning and asked when they would have the sticks back in stock. I was told that they would not be producing sticks anymore. I hope this person does not know what they are talking about.

PJC

Dec 26, 2016
Bummer. Hawk was supposed to have upgrades to their sticks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parkersdad

Jan 7, 2015
Again, I’m hoping this person doesn’t know what she is talking about. I’m wanting to buy a couple of muddy sticks.

elk yinzer

SH Member
Oct 23, 2017
State College, PA
Assuming they make some money based on how quickly they sell out and the mobile hunting fad, and they aren't getting jammed up with lawsuits, I highly doubt they would buy the brands just to kill off profitable products. But customer service usually goes down the crapper as you ascend each rung in the M&A world.

If you like them I would highly recommend the DaveT approach and stock up your fallout shelter with them.

If they quit making Heliums those things are going to be a decent investment. I truly believe they are the best stick on the market, recent high $$$ entrants included.

Reactions: Nutterbuster

PJC

Dec 26, 2016
Yeah, those look sweet.

SaddleUpPartner!

Jan 25, 2019
Michigan
That is a massive mistake if they quit making the run and gun sticks. That's such an up and coming market, Wild Edge is going to eat this right up.

parkersdad

Jan 7, 2015
I just spoke with a different person at GSM that owns hawk and muddy and they told me the same thing. I then asked the question, then why were you at the ATA show showing the helium sticks and she said she did not know but that they heard that they are not going to produce them anymore

Last edited:

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
I had a standoff bend on a hawk helium and emailed them about a month after I purchased them. Never got a return so after reading this post decided to give them a call. GSM is answering the phone and The customer service person said they were still selling sticks. That said he also didn’t know what a standoff was. There was also no option for climbing sticks on the automated call system. The only choice available was press 2 for tree stands and tripods. He didn’t know what a hawk helium climbing stick was either. After a bit of research he found it and offered me a 20 percent discount on the single stick price of 44.99 which put it just about normal retail price at bass pro. I guess I should have returned them to bass pro but it was the beginning of season and they were already showing out of stock.

Reactions: boyne bowhunter

Gamover06

Oct 24, 2018
SE Minneosta
Man they would be making a massive error if they stop making the Helium sticks. They are one of the only if not the only double folding step for a run and gun set up. I love mine. I guess I better start buying them up. I feel like some companies just don get it. Mobile hunting is on the rise both stands and saddle hunting so why would you stop making one of the best sticks on the market.

PJC

Dec 26, 2016
I have an un-modified, un-used set of Helium sticks, might be time to sell them at a crazy price.

Darn, I sold mine a couple months ago. Should have kept them until now. My Crystal Ball is defective.

PJC

Dec 26, 2016
I see a business opportunity.

sweats

Apr 17, 2018
Hope not. I got the 2018 muddy pro releases so won't be devastating if so, but I was thinking about picking up a set of Heliums to see how those compared.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

skyjacker

SH Member
Nov 21, 2018
Oklahoma
This is sad if true. It will leave us with (packs of 4) $320 Beast, $350 LWCG full, $300 LWCG compact, $200 LW, $180 XOP, $150 Stacked Outdoors and custom sticks (how ever much those cost). May be missing others.