• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro cam cleat

Cutright

I just received some Muddy Pro sticks and was wondering if the cam cleat slips when they are new or if that is just the way they are. I know you are supposed to tie a knot in them but was hoping I might be able to one stick with them. I’m hoping that the ropes just need to be broken in a little

Nope. From what I’ve experience you tie the not at each move.
I leave the tag end facing up so undoing the knot is just pulling the tag end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the newer models the rope will slip in the cam cleats.

If you 1 stick the older models are a better option IMO.

Do a search on this topic it’s been asked before in another thread. It may have a modification you can do to your cam cleat I can’t remember if it did or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that if I would push the cam cleat closed just a little after setting the rope it would help it hold. The opening on the cleat seems a little too big for the newer ropes. I have seen people replace their old ropes and I bet you could swap it out with one just a little bigger and it would work better.

Back