• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro stick mods

WCork

I love the muddy pro sticks but I was curious if I could knock some weight off of them if I took the folding double steps off of each end and replaced them with a fixed double step like the ones from Eastern Woods Outdoors. I wanted to see if anyone has done this and if there’s much of a weight savings in doing it. I very rarely use the folding feature of the stock steps. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a stock Muddy Pro when I use a separate platform. I stealth stripped it and use one climbing rated loop with a castration band as an aider. The folding steps are heavier than the EWO steps but I like that you can fold the stock ones especially for packing in. Let us know what you come up with though I have a set of four I would consider doing this with one of the others.

I have made my own double steps I am installing this weekend and added a sewn aider. The double step solid is half the weight of the folding but even at that it's not much savings.

Replaced the step/standoff assembly’s on my Muddy with EWO steps & XOP standoffs. It was a noticeable difference & improved the sticks handling. Just installed a new cam cleat tonight, big improvement over stock.

Back