• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro Sticks didn’t impress me

Bigshootnsuly

I waited forever for the muddy pro sticks to comeback in stock and was talking to the company for awhile(who is local to me). They finally told me and I ordered ASAP. I don’t know if I got the first ones off the assembly line in China or what. Not sure how they passed inspection. Anyone know if they made changes like who makes them, materials, rope size, etc? Also any tips cause I put the few that seem ok after thorough inspection on the tree and they drop a lot after I put weight on them.
cc68dad09d265f1244e63984641667a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I go bashing them I am awaiting to see how they handle the problems. You of course can’t speak to a live person so I emailed them last week and have not heard back yet. We shall see.

Dang I have never seen that in any of the sets i have owned or played with 4 sets so far. Mine are older versions. I will add I have never noticed that but I could have over looked it.

I usually push up on the stick and pull the rope as tight and straight around the tree as possible After I pull the rope through the cam cleat put a half hitch to make sure it’s not slipping

They will have you send them the whole stick and you will get a replacement.

Alright they must be saddle hunting forum regulars cause I posted that and someone contacted me immediately! Did you use your bat phone and call them @g2outdoors?

They are sending a return label to return all sticks and shipping me a whole new set I guess.

Last edited:
Alright they must be saddle hunting forum regulars cause I posted that and someone contacted me immediately! Did you use your bat phone and call them @g2outdoors?

They are sending a return label to return all sticks and shipping me a whole new set I guess.

Dang, nice response...

Muddy have always been a good group even after they sold to a larger Corp. Mikey Valliere is awesome to work with!

I called them before and left a message. Got no return call.

I also sent the questions thru email on website and never got a response.

Assumed they don’t want my money.

I called them before and left a message. Got no return call.

I also sent the questions thru email on website and never got a response.

Assumed they don’t want my money.

Dang. I have talked to them probably 100 times and never had a problem getting ahold of someone. They wouldn’t answer a lot of my questions. Lol but they would talk

I had muddy sticks. When mine came every bolt was loose and had to be tightened Some were not even attached.

Fixed that and used them for a year and then I sold them and switched to modified helium’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just split a pack a Muddy Sticks with some others got them last Saturday & the one I kept for myself is missing a plastic orange washer behind the foot step...…...I called left message & emailed so we shall see what happens...……..I don't count to much on that so I went ahead and made a new one out of a plastic peanut can top for the one I had missing...it was a bit thinner so I used two....BET!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 8

Not directed at you at all, but that really pisses me off. I got a pair of the same muddy sticks in 2016 and they were JUNK! I had a similar problem with the hardware around the step. I contacted muddy and they refused to help me out. IMO Muddy is a piss poor company and I will never buy another product from them again.

In my experience, their Customer Service (all of MS Holding's CS) is terrible. I have an older set of sticks that have been great. But, I'm contemplating selling or trading them for Hawk Heliums (if anyone's interested).

Not directed at you at all, but that really pisses me off. I got a pair of the same muddy sticks in 2016 and they were JUNK! I had a similar problem with the hardware around the step. I contacted muddy and they refused to help me out. IMO Muddy is a piss poor company and I will never buy another product from them again.
Man @redsquirrel tell em how you really feel. Just messing with you! I must’ve been lucky mine were great, not my style & I sold them but no issues.

Man @redsquirrel tell em how you really feel. Just messing with you! I must’ve been lucky mine were great, not my style & I sold them but no issues.
It's not the first time I've said it on here and it won't be the last lol. They had a chance to make things right and they didn't and I will forever hold it against them.

I had issues with the hardware (the spline end of the bolt stripped) on one of mine a few years back. Contacted them with pics and they sent me a new one with a return postage label. I had no issues with the costumer service. I think if I knew what I do now back then I would have went with the heliums. Better quality and lighter with the mod. The best part of the muddys is the cam cleat.

I had issues with the hardware (the spline end of the bolt stripped) on one of mine a few years back. Contacted them with pics and they sent me a new one with a return postage label. I had no issues with the costumer service. I think if I knew what I do now back then I would have went with the heliums. Better quality and lighter with the mod. The best part of the muddys is the cam cleat.

I think the only thing those sticks have going for them is the cam cleat.......

Back