• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro Sticks

setxsaddle

So a few weeks ago I received my set of muddy sticks I ordered off of amazon that came from optics planet. After I looked at them, they matched the exact description of the recall models. I called muddy and they had me send them back to get a new set. Well this past Saturday I received the replacement set and they look the exact same, they have the burnt orange on the ropes and single post on the standoff piece. Customer service told me these are new models, but I don’t trust them. The people at GSM outdoors don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, and it takes an act of Congress to talk to one of them on the phone. Just trying to not die when I climb trees. Any feedback appreciated!

I just saw your post and looked at my sticks. I ordered from GoMuddy directly in July. Guess what! They are the recalled sticks just as you described. If I am going to get the same recalled sticks back I see no use to even send these in for replacement. I too do not want to have an accident, but do not have time to change climbing system. It would come at a significant cost but I am considering replacing standoffs with some of @DanO parts. It would be cheap vs having a fall. Another option would be remove the nylon washer and tighten the bolt to prevent the rotation of the standoff. I know this is as designed, but in doing so you could increase the contact area of the tap.

I sent mine back and got a refund, I ended up going with hawk helium’s and have liked them so far. I was just to skeptical of the muddy and the quality just didn’t seem there. On the hawks I am running them full length with 8mm ropes instead of their straps and using an aider. I will probably cut them down and buy 1 more for next season. But being as I only get to hunt until oct 21 and then it’s work all rest of the year I don’t have time to tinker!

I sent mine back and got a refund, I ended up going with hawk helium’s and have liked them so far. I was just to skeptical of the muddy and the quality just didn’t seem there. On the hawks I am running them full length with 8mm ropes instead of their straps and using an aider. I will probably cut them down and buy 1 more for next season. But being as I only get to hunt until oct 21 and then it’s work all rest of the year I don’t have time to tinker!
Did you install a new Versa button or using the one that came on the helium’s?? Plan on doing the same thing

I've got both the 2019 Heliums, full length with the 8mm rope mod and some muddy pros.

The Heliums don't setup nearly as fast, but they feel a lot sturdier to me. I've still held onto the pros, but there was always just a little too much play in the steps when I was setting my tether for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got both the 2019 Heliums, full length with the 8mm rope mod and some muddy pros.

The Heliums don't setup nearly as fast, but they feel a lot sturdier to me. I've still held onto the pros, but there was always just a little too much play in the steps when I was setting my tether for my liking.

I bought mine from Amazon and mine have the orange ropes. What you mentioned above is my one problem with them. There is to much play in the steps.

what do the bad sticks look like? crap ...I just got a set
Muddy Outdoors climbing stick rope and tree cleats

This is sort of like God telling Moses, "These are the Ten Commandments." Then Moses replies, " You know what God; I looked at these Ten Commandments and decided that I don't think they're legit." :)

OP, If you have concerns why not try testing the sticks at ground level to see if they break...Or better yet, return them for a different brand.

Ugh mine are the recalled model as well. Hmmm. What to do now??? Hawk Helium’s, beast sticks? Any other good options out there.

I love the cam system on the muddy sticks...so fast and easy to deploy

Ugh mine are the recalled model as well. Hmmm. What to do now??? Hawk Helium’s, beast sticks? Any other good options out there.

I love the cam system on the muddy sticks...so fast and easy to deploy
I tried talking to muddy about the issue but GSM customer service is a joke

I just called and am going to return them and they are supposed to send me some non recalls in 2-3 weeks.

Looks like I’m gonna have to get something else to get me through the early season

Interesting. Just went and looked at mine, which I bought directly from Muddy in 2018 and they match that description.

If I was sold recall sticks by the manufacturer 6 years after the recall, that's pretty ridiculous.

Interesting. Just went and looked at mine, which I bought directly from Muddy in 2018 and they match that description.

If I was sold recall sticks by the manufacturer 6 years after the recall, that's pretty ridiculous.

Your not alone pilgrim!

Just picked up a single and be dang if it isn’t a recall. How in the hell can they get away with selling a recalled product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually you guys really need to do your research. What your calling recalled probably isn’t. I think it was @donnieballgame went deep in to this last year. His muddy pros fit the picture for recalled sticks but they were not included in the recall at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent my set off and they sent basically the same set back. I don’t understand. How can you sell recalled sticks back to someone ?

Back