• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy pro sticks

Wilgabeast

What’s everyone’s opinion on the muddy pro sticks . They seem so effortlessly easy to set like I could do it without a light . I’m thinking 4 of these stealth taped for silence and a movable aider will get me 20+ feet . I’m 6’ 3” 220 lbs so I got long steps

I love the Muddy pro sticks. I use three of them with a single step aider on each. Yes you can do them with your eyes closed. I’ll carry the extra few pounds for the ease of use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use Muddy Pro's. Depending on the situation, anywhere from 2, to 4 stick. Bottom stick has a 3-step aider. no complaints other than the weight. Probably going to the Skeletors for that reason though for next year.

I have a set (2018 model year I believe) and I don't really care for them. The cam cleat is nice and sets quickly, but I disliked the overall quality and amount of play in the steps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They’re heavy and after a while the fold down steps are hard to use. I had trouble getting them to stick tight on the tree. Much prefer heliums with daisy chains

They’re heavy and after a while the fold down steps are hard to use. I had trouble getting them to stick tight on the tree. Much prefer heliums with daisy chains
I’ve heard from
Multiple people that helium’s are noisy . Creaking and such as it gets cold

I didn't like them at all. Two steps on separate sticks popped when I put pressure on them. Sold them within two weeks of purchase. I liked the helium sticks over the muddy.

As a comparison my older model Muddy with a two step Amsteel aider is a touch under 3 lbs. 4 of these with any add on or mods like you are planning, is pushing 12 lbs. My 20” EWO one stick with UP and 3 step aider is 3lbs 11 oz on a postal scale.
I’m thinking of selling the Muddy but shipping and the current price of 1 base level 15” EWO stick convinced me otherwise.
Assuming you are near the end of your season, I’d be patient and keep your eyes open for a good deal on this site from the OCD hunters that upgrade sticks often.
i can’t comment on what’s best for your weight as I’m only 160#

I have a new set from this year and other than being heavier than some other options, my only real complaint is the play in the steps. I’m going to replace the steps with some double steps from Dano and I’ll be set. I really like the attachment system. I bought mine pretty cheap from Midway for $122.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not worried about weight because none of my access walks are terribly far and with the saddle it will be a lot lighter then carrying my stand in with sticks .

I’m currently running them. Four with a 2 step aider on bottom. No issues.

My pros:
-130 bucks off Amazon for 4 sticks.
-they do bite very well into the tree. They set solid
- cam lock system is quick and easy

My cons:
- stacking system is bad
- a little play in the steps gets your attention
- some of the folding steps are pretty difficult to deploy
- rope needs to be longer

I have a set of skeletors on order. I assume they will be a step up from the muddys, but the muddys are pretty slick, especially for the price.

I like the skeletors but the rope cam lock just seems like the easiest and quietest connection method .@ I feel like I can do it in the dark with no light 40 yards from a bedded deer

Back