• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy pro vs hawk helium

Jmarth

Hey everybody, just wondering what you’d pick between muddy pro’s and hawk helium’s. The hawk’s are nearly half the price. Thanks for your opinions!

. Modified Helium's you get a taller step and a lighter stick. Muddy is heavier but you have a cam cleat. I personally went with the Hawk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Never tried the hawks. Have both the lone wolf steps and muddy and I like the muddy steps more because of the cleats and rope. Going to try the webbing aiders this year similar to arc hunting ladder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want cam cleats put them on the hawk sticks. I had muddy pros and sold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you want cam cleats put them on the hawk sticks. I had muddy pros and sold them.

Since you’ve had both do you happen to know what the weight difference between the out of the box muddy’s and modified hawks is? I have the muddy’s and do like them but I prefer to carry 4 and they are a little heavy.

I know that information is in a post some where

Inch for inch helium’s are much lighter

A helium modified to be 2 feet long with a versa button and .25 inch Amsteel rope is if I remember correctly about 2.3 pounds. If you made it the same length as as a muddy stick it would be close to 2 pounds
A muddy stick if I recall correctly is 2.8 pounds. That is a guess. I would have search to find out

That information is in a post called can I build a 1.3 pound stick

I know that information is in a post some where

Inch for inch helium’s are much lighter

A helium modified to be 2 feet long with a versa button and .25 inch Amsteel rope is if I remember correctly about 2.3 pounds. If you made it the same length as as a muddy stick it would be close to 2 pounds
A muddy stick if I recall correctly is 2.8 pounds. That is a guess. I would have search to find out

That information is in a post called can I build a 1.3 pound stick

Thank you sir. The muddy’s say 2.5 so 2.8 sounds right. Any other reason you prefer the helium’s other than weight?

Back