• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Tether

I just picked up a Muddy Lineman's Belt with the intent of using it as a tether. Should it be alright to use for that?

I think you meant to say you picked up a muddy tether with the intent of using it as a linemans belt..Am I right? If so I used a rope style tree tether as a linemans belt with no issues... It was a cheap one that came with a cheap hang on stand I purchased...

I haven't seen this in person , I'd contact Muddy and get the rating on it. I used a lw tether as a lineman and hung from it awhile using a ropeman1 and it flat spotted really bad.

Get 12' of yale bandit, ropeman 1 and a quality carabiner. Make your own stuff, So much more gratifying. I will not use stuff if I do not know the rating for it. Quality equipment always had the safe working load limit and breaking limit on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Get 12' of yale bandit, ropeman 1 and a quality carabiner. Make your own stuff, So much more gratifying. I will not use stuff if I do not know the rating for it. Quality equipment always had the safe working load limit and breaking limit on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree with this. It is not hard to make this stuff on your own, and then its easy to replace it as needed.

Back