• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MUDDY TREE STRAP as belt for sitdrag

Halfright

Hey guys, question for those that run a sitdrag. I found a MUDDY webbing tree strap with a loop for connecting to a body harness. I was thinking about seeing this into my sitdrag, double duty for safety(attach carabiner to the loop) and as the belt to wear the SD in. Sounds like a damn good idea to me but wanted to run it by some wiser people than I.

Last edited:
It would normally go around the tree and hook carabiner to that loop

Attachments

• 05C357F7-0668-42C7-98AD-33E110ED72F0.jpeg
    05C357F7-0668-42C7-98AD-33E110ED72F0.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 48
I have thought about this before myself as I also have a sitdrag. Can’t you just build your own lineman’s loops and sew them directly onto the sitdrag or at least in theory...or am I way off base?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have thought about this before myself as I also have a sitdrag. Can’t you just build your own lineman’s loops and sew them directly onto the sitdrag or at least in theory...or am I way off base?

I guess you could add additional loops to the SD but I just use the regular ones that are on there.

@Nutterbuster, I thought I had a muddy belt but I guess I don’t but I do have just regular tree straps(without the loop). I may sew it in and see how it goes.

That will definitely work. The SD is a great base for a DIY Saddle. A lot of bigger guys find them uncomfortable, I was always comfortable in the dozens I built over the years.

And yes... Molle is easy to do on the SD.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Also, you're still going to want a bridge. Hunting from the belt clip won't work.

I'm assuming you meant the belt clip to be a backup?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey guys, question for those that run a sitdrag. I found a MUDDY webbing tree strap with a loop for connecting to a body harness. I was thinking about seeing this into my sitdrag, double duty for safety(attach carabiner to the loop) and as the belt to wear the SD in. Sounds like a damn good idea to me but wanted to run it by some wiser people than I.

“HALF RIGHT FACE!!! some words that bring back a few memories . I’ve used tree straps I had lying around for belts in several saddles. Little heavy but always worked great. Hook the loop to a Prusik on the tether for a back up or use to clip in if doing Cain style climbing.

“HALF RIGHT FACE!!! some words that bring back a few memories . I’ve used tree straps I had lying around for belts in several saddles. Little heavy but always worked great. Hook the loop to a Prusik on the tether for a back up or use to clip in if doing Cain style climbing.

FRONT LEANING REST POSITION, MOVE! That’s exactly why I chose this name. Lol I miss it so much but I don’t regret getting out at all! Of course once I sewed in a regular 2” strap, I found my muddy tree strap. But I can tie into that still with a figure 8

Good to go, used them on my DIY saddles as the waist belt, it’s seat belt webbing, about 7000 lbs.
8af0dfaa2fb3973b3af5948720d8b574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back