• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mule tape

Rutbuster2

Semi-newbie here. Long-time lurker...I have a roll of 1/2 mule tape laying around, is there any obvious reason I should shy away from using it for climbing stick rope mods? 1250lb break strength printed on the tape itself. Not sure on the durability.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the search function. I’ll give it another try.
Thanks.

I've used mule tape aider for a couple seasons now.... Works fine. I ended up sewing one out of some 1.5 webbing because the mule tape aider would have a tendency to want to spin..... The middle step which is intended to be on the left side for my left foot would spin over to the right side. Not a problem in daylight but not too good in the dark......

Thanks Weldabeast. Any experience using mule tape as a rope mod for sticks with a versa style button?

Noted. The Less stretch the better for stick attachment.

Been using 3/4” mule tape on my WE steps all season. I like it except that it likes to catch on rough bark and jaggers more so than webbing. But it’s so light I deal with it.

Thanks for the input. I understand it’s not climbing rated. It is polyester which should stretch very little. I guess I’ll just have to give it a trial run at ground level and see. I have so much of it I would not mind replacing it every so often if need be. The white color kind of turns me off.

Yeah. I wondered about the white but honestly don’t think it matters. I think movement will always get us busted more than any other factor. My camo doesn’t match either

I built daisy chains out of some, not sure on the width. I'm using them on 4 modded heliums with buttons and it works great.

Any pics of these Pooh? I’m wondering how you created the loops. Sewn? Loop Knots maybe? Im using helium sticks as well.

Any pics of these Pooh? I’m wondering how you created the loops. Sewn? Loop Knots maybe? Im using helium sticks as well.

Weaved into itself just like amsteel. Some I used 3 weaves per loop some 2, I see no difference in performance. Also tried one for my platform which worked great till I toe hooked it and pulled way to hard on a loop and it have in and broke the double weave daisy.
Hope I'm explaining myself so you understand it. It seems to make sense to me.

Weaved into itself just like amsteel. Some I used 3 weaves per loop some 2, I see no difference in performance. Also tried one for my platform which worked great till I toe hooked it and pulled way to hard on a loop and it have in and broke the double weave daisy.
Hope I'm explaining myself so you understand it. It seems to make sense to me.
So it failed on the platform and your still using it for sticks?

That's correct. The webbing itself didn't fail, just my weave. It was fine till I wanted to see what would happen if I toe hooked the platform.

Here's a pic
b895b9acf72b188ce945bdecfce97d5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back