• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My climbing stick w/ aider and platform

Exhumis

SH Member
I wanted something lightweight and compact to climb with and platform. I don't hike a long ways to my properties but that's just the way I am, I like minimalist and streamline wherever possible. I built the platform with a lone wolf seat obtained from here. The post is almost the same as sold by double steps but I went with steel instead; after just a few testings with an aluminum post I had a substantial dent. I swapped out the original screw in the lone wolf for an m8 bolt which has substantially more surface area to distribute my load across the post when the platform is deployed. Post brackets were also obtained from double steps. I sprayed the entire thing down with self etching aluminum primer and covered with matte sealer. I'm using a ratchet strap right now to get a secure bite on the tree.
The stick is a muddy pro I traded here, painted with a longer line added. 2ft aider was added. Luckily they nest together as I'd hoped so I can fit it in my backpack and deploy it pretty quickly. I think all told I'm in for about a $100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-182600.png
    Screenshot_20190420-182600.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20190420-182541.png
    Screenshot_20190420-182541.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_20190420-182532.png
    Screenshot_20190420-182532.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
Back