• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My DIY Gear/Bow Hanger

skell

Staff member
SH Member
Finally managed to complete my gear hanger.

-DIY Bowhanger. I like mine to allow the bow a little off the tree.
-2 HME accesory hooks.
-DIY bracket for quiver bracket.
-5 ft 1 inch webbing strap with ITW G-Hook

Gave it a little test run in the yard to see how it handles the weight of the bow. The G-hook didn't slip as much as I anticipated. I'm using a "softer" strap. I cut up a ratchet strap I used to use for hangons.

The last pic I have the bow hanging on it. Not how I normally would, but our tree in our back yard isn't ideal and I had to test closer to the ground. So I couldn't hook the bow how I normally would. I wanted to show how much the holder pulled away from the tree...which was less than I expected. If the G-hook doesn't hold as good as I would like, I will likely switch to an OCB.

Bow Hanger.jpg
Gear Strap.jpg
Gear Strap Weight.jpg

Hanger on Tree.jpg
Bow on Hanger.jpg

I have a similar idea for my HME gear holder. It comes with the cam buckle. I plan to add a ghook for closing the loop and keeping cam buckle for cinching. Similar to using an OCB but using the HME hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally managed to complete my gear hanger.

-DIY Bowhanger. I like mine to allow the bow a little off the tree.
-2 HME accesory hooks.
-DIY bracket for quiver bracket.
-5 ft 1 inch webbing strap with ITW G-Hook

Gave it a little test run in the yard to see how it handles the weight of the bow. The G-hook didn't slip as much as I anticipated. I'm using a "softer" strap. I cut up a ratchet strap I used to use for hangons.

The last pic I have the bow hanging on it. Not how I normally would, but our tree in our back yard isn't ideal and I had to test closer to the ground. So I couldn't hook the bow how I normally would. I wanted to show how much the holder pulled away from the tree...which was less than I expected. If the G-hook doesn't hold as good as I would like, I will likely switch to an OCB.

View attachment 7439
View attachment 7437
View attachment 7438

View attachment 7440
View attachment 7441

Well done! I really like the quiver bracket mounted to the strap.

I have a similar idea for my HME gear holder. It comes with the cam buckle. I plan to add a ghook for closing the loop and keeping cam buckle for cinching. Similar to using an OCB but using the HME hardware.

I have found I can get the G-hook to cinch down pretty tight and stay put. I'm guessing that is very dependent on the webbing...but so far I have not had any issues with mine becoming loose. It held my bow no problem 4 hours on Monday with no movement.

Well done! I really like the quiver bracket mounted to the strap.

Thanks! The quiver mount was my big motivation for this approach. I like to get the quiver off my bow. I used to just tie it to something random, but this is much easier!

I was rifle hunting in a tree Saturday that I could NOT get my hanger to screw in to. Finally gave up. Put the rifle back over my shoulder with the sling, but that required too much movement. Laid the rifle between me and my bridge, but that resulted in too much glare. Finally hung it over the shoulder on my camera arm and that limited how much mobility I had with the camera arm, but worked out best.

During that sit was when I decided I needed a strap on bow/rifle/other crap holder.

Turns out I don’t need the cam buckle. Not as tight but tight enough with the g hook. Set up is much nicer than feeding the tag end through buckle every time.

f968878e705b755a4c8f200f842b46e9.jpg

Back