• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My Evolution setup

bac078

I found that when I was first using my Trophyline saddle, there was very little input and views of how others utilized their saddles. Over time, on AT after Boswells thread more people put pictures of their setups, which helped me customize my saddle to my likes. As I experiment with the Evolution and consider using it over my saddle, I thought people could post pics of their setups that may spark the, I never thought of that. So far I have no "all my own" customizations, but ones taken from others here and on AT. So here is my setup. I rerouted the leg straps to criss cross, then through the plastic loops to aid in keeping them in place. to "bind" them, I initially through a stitch to keep them together. I found that put a weird twist on them. For some reason, the zip ties are way better. I made a non adjustable 23 inch bridge, and my backstrap is a dual adjust rifle sling attached by prussic knots

Attachments

• 20150720_190816.jpg
    20150720_190816.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 814
  • 20150720_190912.jpg
    20150720_190912.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 819
  • 20150720_191000.jpg
    20150720_191000.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 809
I just got my Evo so I'm wondering, what does crossing the leg straps do?

Sent from space

i tried it first because i did have some, for lack of a better description, crotch pinching. the way the straps run, due to the fact they can be used to craddle and support your thighs, i found for me (everyone can be different) that the straps were a little binding in the crotch. when i rerouted them, obviously not the safest way to wear this, it was gone due to no straps going between your legs.

i then found that the strap would move alot when routed underneath my butt. so i then used the zip ties to hold them in alignment. then, as the strap went up my outer thigh, it moved there. thus, i rerouted them thru the plastic d ring, basically as a guide. i find the saddle every bit as comfortable, still can adjust and use the thigh pads as intended, just no crotch binding.

i will say, the binding was minimal, and could easily be dealt with as is. i just like to tinker and like how this way works better. if you are new to saddle hunting, maybe give the stock setup a season before adjusting like this, as it makes it possible to "maybe" fall out. i am no saddle expert, but i have hunted from a tree saddle exclusively for several years, and i cant see myself having an issue with this setup, for my comfort level anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I hunted all last year from a guidos web and I didn't use the leg straps at all on it lol. They just didn't do anything other than get in the way. I messed with my Evo for a few hours last night and got
Most of the adjustments figured out. I'm sure I will tweak it a good bit before I actually hunt from it but so far so good!

Sent from space

flinginairos said:
Thanks for the reply. I hunted all last year from a guidos web and I didn't use the leg straps at all on it lol. They just didn't do anything other than get in the way. I messed with my Evo for a few hours last night and got
Most of the adjustments figured out. I'm sure I will tweak it a good bit before I actually hunt from it but so far so good!

Sent from space

Test it out one night by hanging for an hour or so like you are actually hunting. When I got mine I got it all set up in the backyard but I ended up tweaking it a little bit per sit for about a week until I got it dialed in. Hanging and moving is different than hanging and staying still.

bac, How do you keep the leg pads from flipping over constantly while using the saddle? I have adopted your idea and it has helped greatly but its just a pain to keep having to flip em back over. I have tried to adjust the leg strap back and forth with no luck

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=732

I actually cut the camo sling you see in the picture and slid the straps through it. I then stitched the sling to the saddle, so the strap could still slide through for adjustment. this thread above may help show it

so its been a long off season, and i just dug my saddle out. i only use the lower portion of the evolution. i was determined to cut all the 1 inch webbing and have a local place sew all 2 inch webbing in.. then use a 2 to 1 inch minimizer buckle to attach 1 inch webbing to the paws. however, i got to looking, and feeling where i had hip pressure.. allbeit very slight. then i noticed when i ran the lower strap through the plastic ring, it guided all the pressure to that spot. 2 one inch straps with load on the same hip bone. so i re-routed the lower strap.. criss-crossed of course, to the lower side of the adjuster buckle. a few sewing awl stitches to stay in place, as close together as i could.. and voila.. it acts as a 2 inch strap, still adjustable, and knocked out the pinch.

Attachments

• 20160627_231735.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 181
  • 20160627_231829.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 181
I tried using the lower half too, but never could get the right feel out of it. I was also concerned about the diminutive webbing straps and at one point I did reinforce them with 1"tubular webbing before I abandoned that setup. Looks like you made it work though. Nice

Back