• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My gear hanger....

Live2huntt

I started out with fixed loops and quickly realized that would not work as the loops need to be movable for different sized trees. Then I just tied loops around the main line. It worked well until I took it off the tree and the loops fell off the end. At this point the loops are girth hitched on the main line it seems like it will work well. They are still movable, but do not freely slide up and down the line. I do need to add a little vet tape to the hero clip and s-biners because they do clank a bit while setting up and taking the bow off the clip.
98fb5c603ad613ec92029188a91ab8b9.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I started out with fixed loops and quickly realized that would not work as the loops need to be movable for different sized trees. Then I just tied loops around the main line. It worked well until I took it off the tree and the loops fell off the end. At this point the loops are girth hitched on the main line it seems like it will work well. They are still movable, but do not freely slide up and down the line. I do need to add a little vet tape to the hero clip and s-biners because they do clank a bit while setting up and taking the bow off the clip.
98fb5c603ad613ec92029188a91ab8b9.jpg

Nice solution.
I had tied some loops into my line, but couldn’t do very many because I needed the CamJam to work on even the really small diameter trees I often hunt... that left only 3 or 4 closely spaced loops that would be useless on the larger trees in the bottoms.
Great hybrid between the two.

Did you use the same exact line for the loops, or a smaller diameter one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice solution.
I had tied some loops into my line, but couldn’t do very many because I needed the CamJam to work on even the really small diameter trees I often hunt... that left only 3 or 4 closely spaced loops that would be useless on the larger trees in the bottoms.
Great hybrid between the two.

Did you use the same exact line for the loops, or a smaller diameter one?

I used the same line. I had to ordered 10' of the 2mm paracord because I didn't have any small enough to fit through the camjam. I made sure I had enough to go around a tree as big as my muddy sticks would work on then just cut the extra off and used it for the loops.

How about some prussiks - then you could move them around as needed but they would mostly stay in place.

How about some prussiks - then you could move them around as needed but they would mostly stay in place.

I’d have to buy a smaller diameter line for a prussic. That’s the only reason I didn’t do that.

Agreed....A prusik knot would work, but I didn't have any smaller size cord. I have to physically move the girth hitch so I think it will work well enough to keep them from falling off.

Ive been thinking about taking a longer section of paracord and doing a bunch of overhand knots to make a dasiy chain. Kinda like what G2 did with the webbing but without sowing. Someone on here came up with the idea but I cant remember who.

I did almost this exact thing last year, cam jams are awesome. I never did anything but tie my small loops around the main line, I have a small biner on the end that they can't slide over, keeps it all together and I can easily slide them around as needed. I guess the is concern about possible noise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, I went ahead and changed the setup I had over to prussics. I just used the same 550 cord for them, so I hope they won’t give me too many issues taking on.

I figured the prussics could use some time with weight on them before I pack everything away, so this is 26lbs worth of my wife’s weights hanging from the setup. I think this may be a great solution. I will also carry my amsteel one and try both throughout the season to see which I prefer.

808c7006dde35297277bad0966a74baa.jpg

Back