• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My homemade Deer Cart

Garrymny

After a few different versions, one even using an electric wheelchair motor, here is my current deer Cart. Made out of a welders Dolly. It has three wheels, foam filled. This allows you to go over logs. I designed it to be narrow enough to go down man trails. The handle is removable, as are the wheels. I also gave it a removable Buddy bar on front. I designed this so the deer is placed on its back, all four legs sticking straight up. Not shown in this picture are 4 posts that are inserted into the four corners that you secure each leg too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-124234.png
    Screenshot_20191014-124234.png
    743.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
After a few different versions, one even using an electric wheelchair motor, here is my current deer Cart. Made out of a welders Dolly. It has three wheels, foam filled. This allows you to go over logs. I designed it to be narrow enough to go down man trails. The handle is removable, as are the wheels. I also gave it a removable Buddy bar on front. I designed this so the deer is placed on its back, all four legs sticking straight up. Not shown in this picture are 4 posts that are inserted into the four corners that you secure each leg too.

I built one a few years back from a electric wheelchair.Worked great till the brainbox died

I built one a few years back from a electric wheelchair.Worked great till the brainbox died
I still have mine. Works great, but heavy with two 12 volt lead acid batteries in series to make 24 volts. Mine has just an on off switch. One fixed speed.

Yeah I need to figure out a way to bypass the brain and just run a switch.Way to fast at top speed as is right now though....I have a rototille I was thinking about converting but I also have a 4 wheeler so that hasn't happened.

That looks great. How stable is it? Looks like it could be tippy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stable. That's why I have three tires on it. Initially I had two tires, inline. Too wobbly. The way I position the deer helps stability. On back. Legs up and secured. No flopping around and weight is distributed correctly.

Back