• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My One Stick Set Up (So Far)

CrackbottomLouis

Well, thanks to all the experience you kind folks have shared and countless youtube vids I think I have my set up pretty squared away. Just waiting on my top step platform Zach from Artisan Outdoors said would ship sometime next week. Thanks Zach!!!!

I cut my stick to 22.5". (Moved the male end for the suction cup on my next stick so they would still nest together if I'm not walking far and dont want to 1 stick.)

Added harken 150 rope cam with 7' of 5mm Oplux from Dano (thanks!!!). Added some kydex shims under each side of the harken to prevent any side rocking as the helium hawk has a slight depression on either side of the main channel.

Tether is 30' of 8mm Oplux with a madrock safeguard to rappel down and a kong triangle for my girth hitch. Would really like a triangle that doesnt have to unscrew and clips instead. Couldn't find one but if someone in the know could point me in that direction I would be grateful. I have a beal jammy for a back up friction knot but haven't put it on yet. Debating its necessity after a couple climbs and rappels.

Tubular webbing aider with kydex inserts for the steps. I smoothed and rounded any sharp edges. Its knotted and zip tied into the main channel, goes over the steps and through two tag loops on the outside hole of the bottom steps. Keeps the aider wide and the pressure on the top of the step.

Got my awesome Mantis for Xmas from the better 2/3's. (Thanks Tethrd I love it!!!!). Repurposed two double mag pouches for my pouches. Fits everything nice. Left front is my linemans belt. Left rear is tetherd recliner and gear hanger. Right front is the majority of my 30' tether and right rear is the rest of it (initial girth hitch portion) with the safeguard, carabiner and triangle. I also keep the rifle sling I use to go around my knees for a tree rest under that. Had to cut out the mag separators in the middle of the pouches and remove the velcro (buttons are fine and less noisy).

Here are the pics......

42160.jpeg42161.jpeg42162.jpeg42171.jpeg42164.jpeg

Nice job on the stick really like it!.....but man that’s a lot of **** connected to your saddle lol.

not sure how guys can run that much off their saddles mine falls down lol

Only with suspenders. Mine would fall off even if I didn't have anything on it.

Nice job on the stick really like it!.....but man that’s a lot of **** connected to your saddle lol.

not sure how guys can run that much off their saddles mine falls down lol

Just a linesman belt, 30ft tether and hardware, gear hanger, recliner and rifle sling. I've walked all around my woods with it and havent had a problem even without suspenders. I tighten the waist belt above my pants belt and it stays right where it should.

Got my artisan outdoors top step. Love it. Even found some grade 8 hardware to attach. There is a little wiggle and I've tightened it as much as I can. The channels seem well seated. Also using a jam nut in the channel of the stick. I did put a rubber washer (thin one) between stick and step. Should I remove that? How have you guys attached this step successfully?
Screenshot_20200127-111107_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200127-111114_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200127-111118_Gallery.jpg

Back