• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My One Stick Setup

ChurchAl

Decided to turn an extra stick into a one stick with platform setup using a cutdown LW seat. Has a three step amsteel aider and I can get about 8’ on the first set.

Seems to pack-up better/flatter than anything commercially available and the seat platform angle is fully adjustable. I got the ClamCleat idea from the Sh1kar stick and it works really well.

Just thought I’d share!
a079bc28037db5c72b1ee30ba481f449.jpg

1ed9a5c2d6fb4ee572e960ee9cdb74e3.jpg

37f44a44226fa72937a64cf7b9778f68.jpg

6b55c454d4e602f8d7e77bcecb82257c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did this with a LW stick and seat kit but on the top about two years ago. Mever thought about cutting it like that! Looks good! How stable is it on bottom like that?

I'm gonna guess that it's more stable towards the bottom than up top???

I would watch putting a lot of weight out on the 'ears'...

What standoffs are you using on that stick?

I did this with a LW stick and seat kit but on the top about two years ago. Mever thought about cutting it like that! Looks good! How stable is it on bottom like that?

So far it bites the trees in my yard really well and holds up to side pressure decently. The seat flexes a bit which I think might partially be due to the nylon spacers I used, going to look at harder options

I'm gonna guess that it's more stable towards the bottom than up top???

I would watch putting a lot of weight out on the 'ears'...

I found it way more stable on the bottom and it packs up nicer.

I initially was going to cut the “ears” off (because you’re right, if you put your feet all the way out it is a little spongey), but the outside ring of the seat casting is the thickest part so I decided to leave it to add structure.

fd76aaed7c0dfc727c5a620d28d60140.jpg

The way it is, it handles side pressure fairly well, but it’s a bit of a balancing act when you lean way out.

To help with side pressure even more, I’m going to use an amsteel whoopsie-daisy on these tabs of the seat casting so I can cam it over.

So far it bites the trees in my yard really well and holds up to side pressure decently. The seat flexes a bit which I think might partially be due to the nylon spacers I used, going to look at harder options

Mine flexes too

To help with side pressure even more, I’m going to use an amsteel whoopsie-daisy on these tabs of the seat casting so I can cam it over.

That's a really good idea. :wink:
The ol' timber hitch would probably work well there too.

I believe they’re XOP/LW

Ok. Interesting. Looks like it is LW like but looks like it seats into the stick post and is not a movable standoff like what the LW sticks usually are.

Back