• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My Preseason Nightmare

Dry Bones

After months of excitement preparing for opening day in Alabama (Oct 15), it's all ruined. The stage was set... trees prepped, food plots planted. All was well as I looked forward to a beach vacation (to make the wife happy before I disappear to the woods for a few months), and I'd be leaving my private properties alone for more than a month. It was all falling into place until I fractured my tibia and probably tore my ACL (pending MRI) two days ago. Looks like all that practice with my new Climb Rights is flushed down the drain. And to rub salt in the wound, I got an email today that my Mantis just shipped. Now I've come to grips with the fact that the only way I'm hunting opening day is for someone to load me up on a game cart and wheel me in. At least I found a good use for the Alps Bino Pouches I just bought from @d_rek. Do they make Stealth Strips for crutches???
b52489f0fd3ab40f52febec49f7ca03e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about getting injured. Hoping you make a full and speedy recovery.

How did you get injured?

That sucks. Heal up quick and hopefully no tear in the knee.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Brutal! A few years ago however my buddy tore his Achilles’ tendon just before season opener. He spent a couple weeks hunting an easy stand before he drug himself up a bluff crawling the entire way to get to “the stand” and was rewarded by a monster buck that landed him in field and stream. I am in no way saying you should do that but a ground blind on the edge of one of those food plots might produce. Hope you Get better quick so you can get climbing again. Tough break.

Astroturf, boots, and dogs don't mix. Here's a 3,000 word description of the accident.
6a3e8ce3d9687287cbb5b0cc8e238830.jpg
c47a6827a1eab19e67e7c2703ebb4a9e.jpg
b9e12f37050d865abf11ebe89951a2f6.jpg

Dayum!

I thought at first you were gonna say that little ole puppy tore you up. You're lucky it didn't hurt! ;)

Get to feeling better. What part of the state are you in? I'm down around Mobile.

Ouch man I hope that heals up really quick for you! Hopefully it’s only a break and you can still get around some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dayum!

I thought at first you were gonna say that little ole puppy tore you up. You're lucky it didn't hurt! ;)

Get to feeling better. What part of the state are you in? I'm down around Mobile.
Huntsville, about as far away from Mobile as possible.

Hope you heal up fast. I feel your pain....my wife fell and busted up her shoulder. Surgery today, 8 weeks in sling. Special needs daughter to take care of. I'm at least shut down from hunting 3 to 4 weeks. Life happens. God is still good.! One day at a time brother!

Back