• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My saddle > my chiropractor

3lilpigs

A few visits to the chiropractor have told me that I have lower back pain due to "ilio-sacral torsion". Basically, there's a joint in the pelvis, and tension in my pyriformis muscle (sideways ass muscle) pulls my pelvis open too far until it hurts. It's because I work retail and stay on my feet for 8-12 hour shifts on a hard floor. The constant low tension of standing without doing any real exercise causes my butt muscles to pull on my hip bones. Sometimes to the point that I can't walk normally or bend over.

But man, climbing into the saddle for a few hours is better than a $50 adjustment from the chiroquacktor. The "hip pinch" that bothers most folks is just what the doctor ordered; it pulls my aching hip bones forward where they ought to be. A few hours in the saddle, and I can climb down, every joint pops, and I'm reset for like a week. I've even set up at ground level and just sat outside to read a book when I felt the stiffness starting up, purely as a therapy session. It's literally the opposite of a pain in the ass. Anybody else experience this?

I’ve have the same hip/back issues for years. Maybe I can convince my wife that the cost of a new saddle is justified and it contains healing properties. I’m betting it’s going to be a hard sell.

While I don't have the same situation as u, but I can relate....I've had back surgery and my back will hurt after 2-3 hours in a climber/hang on. I was to the point I almost exclusively hunting off the ground. I can sit for long periods of time in the saddle and be just fine as far as back pain goes

Yes, same for me, I
A few visits to the chiropractor have told me that I have lower back pain due to "ilio-sacral torsion". Basically, there's a joint in the pelvis, and tension in my pyriformis muscle (sideways ass muscle) pulls my pelvis open too far until it hurts. It's because I work retail and stay on my feet for 8-12 hour shifts on a hard floor. The constant low tension of standing without doing any real exercise causes my butt muscles to pull on my hip bones. Sometimes to the point that I can't walk normally or bend over.

But man, climbing into the saddle for a few hours is better than a $50 adjustment from the chiroquacktor. The "hip pinch" that bothers most folks is just what the doctor ordered; it pulls my aching hip bones forward where they ought to be. A few hours in the saddle, and I can climb down, every joint pops, and I'm reset for like a week. I've even set up at ground level and just sat outside to read a book when I felt the stiffness starting up, purely as a therapy session. It's literally the opposite of a pain in the ass. Anybody else experience this?
Yes, it’s exactly the same for me, my lower back is trashed and for whatever reason the pressure from being in a saddle makes my back happy, I have one chair in my house I can sit in, I once traded in a brand new truck, six months old, because it killed my back, I couldn’t sit in a normal tree stand for more than 3-5 minutes no joke, I used to stand for a couple hours until the pain got to bad then I would quit and go home, I just did 4 hours tonight in my cruzr and I feel like a million bucks, I have a buddy that is the same way, he tried my Cruzr and ordered one that day.

Back