• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My Sitdrag mods begin....

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
OK. I'm going to mess with it.

I cut off the straps. Tied overhand knots in tubular webbing to make about a 30" bridge. Left enough tail to be safe and left a long tail on one end so I can adjust until I find my ideal bridge length. Attaching with two small locking carabiners. Not light I know...but 'proper'.

I have some matching green webbing that I will use once I figure out my length.

Using a standard Climbing rope tether with Prusik and locking biner for now. I might have a spare Ropeman and can always just use the tether I use on my NewTribe (with a Ropeman).

Using it at ground level I might use a daisy chain instead of a rope tether. They stay in place better on trees when unloaded.

I have a Treehopper Linesman's belt on order. It just fastens around your waist and has D Rings on it to attach the tree strap to. I am going to experiment with attaching the SitDrag loosely to the Treehopper belt. Might not work. The easiest would be to just clip the sit drag to the D Rings of the Treehopper but I don't know if it will be a pain to unclip it after the tether is set. Will experiment.

If I wanted a bit of extra safety, I could also attach a bridge to my treehopper and clip it into my tether. Not as good as a harness of course.

I have a sewing machine and will try to sew the Sitdrag loops to make them easier to clip to. I'm not sure how many layers my machine will go through.

I already have an Alpine BOD harness but if I was going to wear that I think I would just use my New Tribe. We'll see.

crb

Jun 24, 2016
Just finished seeing the loops so carabiners slide off/on nicely. Used the speedy stitch for the first time and worked well.

bd89a962d1189ff1ad8235d59f2bf5e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
I think you're going to like it. Post progress reports and any good mods you come up with.

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
Just finished seeing the loops so carabiners slide off/on nicely. Used the speedy stitch for the first time and worked well.

You're an old pro with that awl. Your sew job looks waaaay better than my hack job. Regardless of looks, sewing up the loops makes a big difference, right?

crb

Jun 24, 2016
You're an old pro with that awl. Your sew job looks waaaay better than my hack job. Regardless of looks, sewing up the loops makes a big difference, right?

Yep! DaveT taped his with electrical tape but I think the tape will crack.

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Dec 2, 2014
Yep! DaveT taped his with electrical tape but I think the tape will crack.

No Dave T sewed his and covered them in electric tape ;) It is easily replaced if needed. I used my sit drag since Jan and I just now replaced the tape getting ready for hunting season. it was not all that worn despite 100s of hours prepping trees this year. Folks were also worried it might squeak - never had a problem even in the rain. However, I also stealth stripped them for hunting season - I am a freak when it comes to unwanted noise.

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
I didn't have much time to experiment this morning but I need a much shorter bridge. Need to be more upright. No problems shooting out of it though.

BassBoysLLP

Vendor Rep
Sep 28, 2014
No Dave T sewed his and covered them in electric tape ;) It is easily replaced if needed. I used my sit drag since Jan and I just now replaced the tape getting ready for hunting season. it was not all that worn despite 100s of hours prepping trees this year. Folks were also worried it might squeak - never had a problem even in the rain. However, I also stealth stripped them for hunting season - I am a freak when it comes to unwanted noise.
I used stealth strips as well. Add a small piece of static for additional structure and wrapped with the stealth. If you've seen most of my gear, you'll quickly realize I'm a stealth strip freak.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
I used stealth strips as well. Add a small piece of static for additional structure and wrapped with the stealth. If you've seen most of my gear, you'll quickly realize I'm a stealth strip freak.
Stealth strips are a great product! One I'm proud to support! :)

crb

Jun 24, 2016

Dave, Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and tape over mine as well. Charles

BassBoysLLP

Vendor Rep
Sep 28, 2014
Dave, Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and tape over mine as well. Charles
I'm a stealth strip freaj and I recall you are trying to set up a bunch of set ups for your kids. This is where I would temporarily cut corners. Sew, not tape. Tape later

crb

Jun 24, 2016
189d10fe765f214dc8774d3f27bda6a9.jpg

aa7bca48efd8ed51066bdad8733ac739.jpg

I just sewed the 2 in strap that came with the sit drag as my belt.

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
That's a great mod! Why didn't I think of that!!!

Looks like you taped up your loops. Did you sew them as well?

crb

Jun 24, 2016
I sewed the loops and than taped them with electrical tape. DaveT said the electrical tape worked so I'm giving it a try. I finished sewing 4 2in belts on 4 sit drags today. Tomorrow morning I will be sewing the loops (3 on each side) above the 2in belt for holding some additional gear. This time I will be using the 1in strap that came with the sit drag. I may add the elastic straps like yours G2 as well.

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
I put camo gorilla tape on my loops today. I have used that tape on carabiners and my tree bolts and it really holds up

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
I don't know about squeaks, but the stuff is durable as heck. I insulated my anti-siphon riser for my irrigation system with pipe insulation wrapped with it... A full season of weed-eating hasn't torn it up yet. I'm very impressed.

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
It shouldn't squeak. It is more like heavy canvas than rubber. Was never a problem on carabiners to rope. I'm using a web bridge so it should be fine for that.

And on my tree bolts it doesnt squeak on my shoes