• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My Wife's First Deer

Nutterbuster

SH Member
I burned my wife out on hunting pretty hard by taking her on a disastrous public land trip early in our marriage. The next 6-7 years didn't help much. I started slowing down last year with kiddo on the way, and have been about 4 days this year.

Out of the blue, she mentioned that she'd be interested in going again to give it another shot and see what it was like to shoot one. Mentioned it to my boss, who very generously offered to host us at his place for a weekend. He went so far as to insist that we hunt together, while he watched the kid and minded camp. Our two families had an awesome weekend, and my wife shot her first deer, a 110lb giant of a South Alabama nanny goat. Cooking a blade roast off of it now "Mississippi Style."

That's just awesome. Love hearing about more women joining our ranks. Now you just have to get her in a saddle and you'll be all set. lol. Congrats to the Mrs.

Back