• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NC hunter killed a 140 incher and used ScentLok for first time.

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
John,

I know you are a busy man so I'll make this brief: Following your regimen exactly/almost to a "T" I have had 4 hunts in places that historically are almost impossible not to get winded in and unbelievably did not get winded. No "blows", no nervous stamping, and no reactions to my entrance trail. And on my first hunt on opening day I killed a mid 140's buck. So I am convinced!

Thank you,

Don Hilke
Durham NC

I asked Don to send me a pic of the buck and when I get it I'll post it. A buck forty incher from NC is huge.

Hell of a feat - temps were about 90 with 80% humidity across most of the state opening weekend - have to change clothes once up in the tree - congrats to Don!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a real nice buck for us here in NC....The good news is this year we have gone to a 2 buck limit statewide....Previously a lot of the state had a 4 buck limit...The Durham area has had a 2 buck limit for a while and a shorter gun season than my area of NC....I'm looking forward to bucks like this in my area in the next few years due to the changes in the buck limit.....

Back