• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NC - OBX Saddle Hunter

Gnrrockin

I just recently moved from FL up to the Outerbanks area of North Carolina, and I'm looking to get started saddle hunting this season. My focus will be primarily hunting public lands for white tail. I'm relatively new to hunting, not just saddle hunting, so any & all advice is welcome here. I had a few sits in FL last year with my father in-law & I can't wait to get back in the woods to see what this season brings.

Welcome from TN. Advice abounds here. If I could say 3 things; focus on shooting your bow, practice your climbing method and hanging method and scout. Everything else falls under one of those 3 it seems. Good luck!

I just recently moved from FL up to the Outerbanks area of North Carolina, and I'm looking to get started saddle hunting this season. My focus will be primarily hunting public lands for white tail. I'm relatively new to hunting, not just saddle hunting, so any & all advice is welcome here. I had a few sits in FL last year with my father in-law & I can't wait to get back in the woods to see what this season brings.
Welcome from Washington(Chocowinity), NC! You are only a couple hours away from me if you are interested in trying out some saddle stuff or hunting stuff just let me know maybe we can meet up sometime! You would really benefit from trail cameras especially if you have never hunted the areas they are priceless! Boots on the ground help alot also! Practice with all your gear and be safe!!!!

Welcome from Washington(Chocowinity), NC! You are only a couple hours away from me if you are interested in trying out some saddle stuff or hunting stuff just let me know maybe we can meet up sometime! You would really benefit from trail cameras especially if you have never hunted the areas they are priceless! Boots on the ground help alot also! Practice with all your gear and be safe!!!!

Definitely interested in picking your brain for any pointers you could offer, and that would be great to check out some gear to get a few ideas of we can arrange to meet up some time. I don't have any trail cameras, so it will have to be boots on the ground for me, haha! I've spent a few days scouting & I'm looking forward to many more.

Definitely interested in picking your brain for any pointers you could offer, and that would be great to check out some gear to get a few ideas of we can arrange to meet up some time. I don't have any trail cameras, so it will have to be boots on the ground for me, haha! I've spent a few days scouting & I'm looking forward to many more.
Just let me know if you would like to meet up and keep up the scouting it will be worth it!!!!

Back