• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nebraska buck down

Bowhunter33

Put in the hard work and on September 8th I closed the deal on my first archery buck, and the first out of a saddle as well. First cold snap of the year came in on the 6th and i glassed from a distance in my truck. Seen this buck enter the beans where I knew I could set up at in a fencerow. Had the same east wind the next day so I went in setup in the tree at 5pm and at 6pm this guy came running in, in a hurry to get wherever he was going. I managed to stop him just before he was out of my shooting lane and made the shot. Well turned out it wasn't a great shot. He trotted off tail up acting like he didn't know what happened. I got down 15 minutes after to find stomach bile on my arrow. No blood anywhere. Raining all day and supposed to into the night. So I made the decision to back out right away. Came back the following day to find my buck in the beans 100 yards from the tree I was in. Coyotes got him good.
1a22f38119050627c8334054782d93a8.jpg
ca32b6dd15b0f1b89728d54be6054678.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me last year, couldn't recover after the shot and by morning the yotes had their way. Nice buck!

Back