• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need a hand...

Monday morning I go back in to see the surgeon and he'll decide what to do.

I guess the options are (A) just sew it up better and hope for the best
(B) try fixing the bones and then sew it back up and hope for the best
(C) chop 'em off

Pointer finger was only hanging on by a little bit. Bone chopped right in half pretty much.
Middle finger, I'm surprised the nail didn't come off but it stayed on. The tip of that bone is gone from under it.
It must be in my glove? lol

They can do some amazing repair work but I have a couple that I sometimes wish I'd told them to remove the bad part. They will give you options, just remember if they are removed it won't grow back.

Here’s a couple ugly pictures.
If this isn’t appropriate feel free to tell me.
AF217A19-2226-43D8-94C3-BE04AE99DF78.pngAF217A19-2226-43D8-94C3-BE04AE99DF78.png

Last edited:
So you were in the process of unwrapping newly acquired fleece pouches from @DanO and you somehow managed to almost lop off two fingers? You need to slow down when opening packages with industrial shears! :tonguewink:

I almost took my thumb off removing a wall oven door when the hinge snapped back and pinched the webbing between said thumb and index finger. Quite a few expletives exploded from my mouth as I was struggling to release my hand and out came a few more when I finally did and saw the bone exposed. That "flesh" wound throbbed for over a week and was sensitive for a few months even after the stitches were removed. Probably didn't help that they forgot to remove one stitch so I removed it after finally realizing it was in there!

Sorry to hear you had an unfortunate accident and I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

Dude! May I ask how this happened to you? Such a bummer. Sending prayers your way.

Dude! May I ask how this happened to you? Such a bummer. Sending prayers your way.

^^^ I tried linking a post where I explained it a little bit...
It doesn't look like I did it right?

Welcome to the club! Not funny now but will be with time! Throbbing will ease up if you hold your hand above your heart. I'm left handed " shoot right handed now" but still write left. Big thing is once you can start using them is to put a bolt and nut in your pocket and "play" with them so you loosen the tendons up as quick as possible. Did mine 27 years ago and I can pick up a cotter pin with no problem. Just takes time!Screenshot_20210717-125331.png

Back