• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need a longer strap for Hawk Heliums

Hubby11

Hi, I am running the 20" Hawk Helium 4-pack, no modifications except I removed the buckles and just use the supplied straps buckle-less. I have found it to be very secure and easy to set up. But on my last hunt, the tree I planned to hunt was a no-go because the base of the tree was too big for the 6' straps. I am looking for maybe an 8' strap, basically the same type of material with a loop at one end.

I don't think Hawk offers a longer strap and I don't want to get into a diy from regular webbing material-don't have the sewing machine. Is there a company out there that offers replacement straps?

Thanks in advance.

Tethered sells versa straps. And it’s pretty easy to get a knitting needle and cut it to make a fid. The order up some amsteel. Open a beer and watch some YouTube’s on Brummell locked amsteel. It’s stupid easy.

I’m pretty sure on eastern outdoors they sell these premade if ya wanna go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check out customtiedowns.com
they have 1” replacement straps with 3” sewn eyes at any length you want.
Thanks, this looks like the solution. I know I can just go with amsteel but I prefer the straps. I like the way they lay and they tie down very secure.

Convert them to cam cleats and ropes....and there wont ever be a tree too large for you to climb. My sticks have cleats...and if I plan to hunt a very large tree...I can easily tie on extension rope to my sticks. Straps dont Make sticks any more stable that rope....unless maybe you are using ratchet straps

Back