• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need another gear hanger

Nosaj

SH Member
My son wants to hunt out of a saddle this year so we need another gear hanger. Dad has first dibs on upgrades;). I use a hys and a ITO bow hanger, which I am happy with. How do people like the latitude gear strap or the ITO Dew claw? Am I missing something else? I have been staying away from SH lately as I am happy with my setup and have spent enough ☺️.

My son wants to hunt out of a saddle this year so we need another gear hanger. Dad has first dibs on upgrades;). I use a hys and a ITO bow hanger, which I am happy with. How do people like the latitude gear strap or the ITO Dew claw? Am I missing something else? I have been staying away from SH lately as I am happy with my setup and have spent enough ☺.

Have you considered adding something to the bow (a hook or a loop) and then hanging that off a more compact hook on the tree?

In my experience, this setup is more secure and comes off the tree easily.

For instance, Bowtech bows have a tapped hole near both limb pockets, and I made a hook that screws into that and then hangs off an amsteel daisy chain that is tensioned around the tree with a nite ize tensioning 'biner. Folks also put a paracord or amsteel loop on their bow and then hang this off a hook on the tree. The Tethrd guys use kydex hooks attached where the quiver/sights go.

I used the Hys strap last year with a Genesis 3D folding bow hook. I didn’t like how hard it was to get the hook on/off and how bulky the strap is. I’m going to use an Amsteel Daisy Chain with cam jam, way less bulky.

I used the Hys strap last year with a Genesis 3D folding bow hook. I didn’t like how hard it was to get the hook on/off and how bulky the strap is. I’m going to use an Amsteel Daisy Chain with cam jam, way less bulky.

This is what I use, but DIY as it is easy to make. Hanging my bow right off this (no hook...hook is on the bow) is extremely stable and cannot break and you'd have to really bump the bow hard in order to know it off.

this was first shot at it, final version has a shorter section hanging out that is bent outward slightly and the whole thing is wrapped in stealth strips...lives on my bow all year

I have the HYS and last year got the Latitude hanger. While both are functional, the Latitude packs better and the adjustment slide makes it really easy to raise or lower my pack height as needed.

I have the HYS and last year got the Latitude hanger. While both are functional, the Latitude packs better and the adjustment slide makes it really easy to raise or lower my pack height as needed.
The slide adj for the backpack is what was leaning me in that direction however I keep an s hook on the too of my pack and move it up and down as necessary so I am not sure it is a big deal for me. The hys has lots of loops so I have a lot of options to HMS......

The slide adj for the backpack is what was leaning me in that direction however I keep an s hook on the too of my pack and move it up and down as necessary so I am not sure it is a big deal for me. The hys has lots of loops so I have a lot of options to HMS......

one of my better moves was to tie a dedicated piece of paracord to the top of my pack and then put a nite ize cam jam on it to adjust to various tree sizes and hang down lengths for the pack, this is stowed in a top zipper pocket of the pack when not in use

having the pack hanging independent of bow and gear hanging is convenient in various trees and setups and also safer for the bow as adjusting heavish items can cause the gear hanger to slip and possibly lose your bow

Back