• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need help quick.

LASOutdoorsmen

I found an offer that you can't refuse on a tree saddle. The only hicup is that it is a size large. I wear a medium. Once you are up in the tree does size matter? What other reasons should I not buy it because of the size?

I wear a medium tree saddle but I started out with a large. I just found it to be too big for me. It didn't cinch down all the way for the walk in, and in general it was just a bit too big. It has been a while now but I was much happier when I switched to the medium (which I know are hard to find). If it is that good of a deal I would pick it up and try it out and if you're not happy you can try to sell it because they seem to be selling well still.

How big are you? Have you looked at the aero hunter?

30" waist. I've seen New Tribe versions and the Trophyline is more eye appealing to me.

LASOutdoorsmen said:
30" waist. I've seen New Tribe versions and the Trophyline is more eye appealing to me.

With a 30" waist I would not bother with the large. I am a 36" and it was too big for me. I was trying to see if I had the sizing chart in an old email but I can't find it.

I was thinking it would good for a spare later on down the road. Like when I am in my 30s.

LASOutdoorsmen said:
I was thinking it would good for a spare later on down the road. Like when I am in my 30s.

LOL. Like I said, if its that good of a deal, go for it and try it out!

I was a 31 waist when I used a trophyline and I used a L and a Med, I like the L better. With that said one was leather and one was neoprene. I like the neoprene better.

Thanks,
Boswell

Back