• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need help with some thoughts on boots

Cript2014

So I walk a lot during hunting season and wear some boots out. I want snake boots as I hunt a lot of river bottoms and creek bottoms with tall grass. I know people say they rarely bite but I’ve been bitten twice now walking in or out in the dark. I have the lacrosse venom Nwtf waterproof side zip snake boot now. I have only had them one season and the inside is falling apart and rubbing blisters on my heel and ankle. I am looking at the lacrosse 4x alpha snake boot. I was wondering before I buy them if anyone on here has used these and has feedback on them. Also if anyone has any feedback on another boot. I have looked at going to snake chap but don’t want to have any extra gear to take on or off in the woods or the truck. If anyone has any other suggestions or feed back let me know.
Thanks!

I have a pair of Rocky's for turkey hunting in some areas and they are garbage haha fairly comfortable with new insoles but leaked from day one! I just roll with them though...I would rather have wet feet than take a bite from the rattlers around here! I think the irish setter ones would be nice. I have the reg boot in that style and they are comfortable and have held up well. I have to keep them treated but they stay dry also.

Back