• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need some help with my old Mathews Fx

Topdog

SH Member
I haven’t bowhunted in probably ten years, rifle man , anyways I got my old Mathews FX out that I bought in 1998 and the thing still does its job, I love that bow, the only thing I would like to change is the quiver, its just a cheap plastic one, I remember when I bought it over 20 years ago I didn’t want to spend the money on a nice Mathews 2 piece quiver and now I wish I had, does anybody know what quiver I should be looking for on ebay or whatever, would a new one fit? I think the quiver from back then was a Mathews 2 piece if I remeber correct, I am left handed too in case that makes a difference, thanks!

I haven’t bowhunted in probably ten years, rifle man , anyways I got my old Mathews FX out that I bought in 1998 and the thing still does its job, I love that bow, the only thing I would like to change is the quiver, its just a cheap plastic one, I remember when I bought it over 20 years ago I didn’t want to spend the money on a nice Mathews 2 piece quiver and now I wish I had, does anybody know what quiver I should be looking for on ebay or whatever, would a new one fit? I think the quiver from back then was a Mathews 2 piece if I remeber correct, I am left handed too in case that makes a difference, thanks!
My advice do some research. Gotta figure out what you need. How many arrows you hunt with? Do you take your quiver off in the tree? What's your price point? If you want the mathews brand or tight spot you're looking north of $100 dollars easy, closer to $200 territory. We can help steer you once we know that stuff

I leave my quiver on, I don’t care really about how many arrows it holds, I want a Mathews brand, I just didn’t know if a new Mathews quiver would still fit an old bow like that, I thought the old original quiver back when I bought the bow was 2 piece and wasn’t sure if it had a specific model number that somebody could remember so I would know what to look for, when I did my web search that bow is so old I couldn’t find much.

I want a quiver like that, I google searched and this is an old picture of an FX with the quiver I should have bought 22 years ago LOL, if anybody knows what model this or if a new 2 piece quiver will fit that would be great, thanks!

Mathews arrow web is that brand and they were attachable and de tach. If u don’t want to spend a bunch get a Kwikkee Kwiver

Mathews arrow web is that brand and they were attachable and de tach. If u don’t want to spend a bunch get a Kwikkee Kwiver
I will spend a bunch! I have a kwikkee now, I just wasnt sure if a new 2 piece quiver would bolt up the same to an old bow, if the riser had changed a bunch or whatever, thanks!

Looking on eBay all the mounts to the riser look the same. If your still unsure if call Mathews

Thats what I am going to do Monday morning, thanks.

What @Anobody said. If Mathews says you have to hit up older gear ebay isn't bad but hit up archery talk, specifically the classifieds and brand specific sections. Bet you can
What @Anobody said. If Mathews says you have to hit up older gear ebay isn't bad but hit up archery talk, specifically the classifieds and brand specific sections. Bet you can find stuff there.
Thanks guys appreciate it, I really like my old bow, I’m a gun nut bows aren’t my specialty, maybe some day I will switch but for right now I still like it!

Ah my bad. I'm so used to looking at ambi quivers didn't even notice. Looking at the pic again seems like you couldn't just swap the studs around either. You being a southpaw might make it harder to aquire. I feel like any Mathews two piece quiver should work, or any one piece really. I guess for the definitive answer you'll have to call Mathews or a local shop. For what it's worth there's a guy here selling one:

Thanks I appreciate the help, that one on ebay is exactly what I need, matches my old camo and everything not that matters much, I will give them a call, thanks again!

No problem, I love the research aspect. For what it's worth, newer quivers are ambi so if the dealer says any will fit you'll suffer from analysis paralysis as there's a ton of quiver options now. Good luck!

I'd get another arrow rest before I did anything. Whisker biscuit, drop away but definently not the tm hunter.
Then get a detachable quiver. The more stuff you have in your hand while trying to aim the more of a chance you'll be picked out. That's my 2 cents worth. Probably not worth that either lol

Back