• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need some intell

NicBrowning

I have the opportunity to get some crop damage tags this coming summer has anyone used their saddles in thick canopy cover does it help or hender?

You might have to hunt lower. We have thick canopy during bow season here in Tn and we always find a tree and a spot for a shot. It might take cutting some shooting lanes also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archery or rifle? I think a saddle is a huge benefit in the thick stuff with a rifle. You can really move around to find openings to shoot through. Same could be said for bows but you can’t get into as weird positions and still maintain decent form. Damage permits around here usually mean two guys sitting on the edge of a field at night with a spotlight.

Thanks guys I'm a bow guy I stick to my bow 90% of season yeah we have small farm 12 acres of woods 200 total land in our 10 acer plot that's by the woods we had 1200+$ in crop lose so far totals are not in that's just what I've been told

I personally don’t think a saddle can hinder you. If it’s y’all place you should know where most of the damag occurred. I would preset several spots in those areas and cut a few shooting lanes. Presets are great when you know where they are going to be.

Back