• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need to Try, before I Buy, kinda Guy.

Mooreski82

I’m really interested in saddle hunting. I’m sick of carrying a climber around and trying to find the right tree. It’s just cumbersome and not efficient. I end up wasting time.
With that being said, just like the title says, I’m a try before I buy kind of guy. However this doesn’t really seem likely since none of the saddles are being sold in stores and no one I know has one. I don’t think there are many people in Arkansas using them either.
So how do I know which one is the right one for me or if I’ll even like it at all?
I’m not really interested in making one as much as I am buying on me that is proven and well made.
I’m 6’3 250 with a bad back. I need to feel the most comfortable. I heard that the Tethrd doesn’t cup your legs as much as the Aero, and I fell like having such long legs that would be an issue.
Not sure though bc I can’t try one or the other. I’m would prefer to not have to buy one and end up wanting to switch and having to sell it for (probably) less money. Can you return them within a certain time?
I’m just really unsure about how to go about pulling the trigger on one. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Glad to be here and really appreciate all the info I have learned already.

Tethrd has a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
Tethrd CS

New Tribe/Aerohunter will do returns if the item is in unused condition...so I guess you could hang in it at ground level for a few hours to get a feel of comfort, the only thing that could show use is the tether.
Aerohunter Warranty/returns

1) Have you checked the saddle hunter map and tried to touch base with anyone around you? its under SH Content at the top bar.

2) I know that they will be demoing a bunch of saddles and climbing methods at saddlepalooza 2019 at Fort Stewart, GA. It would be really cool if they brought demos that newcomers could check-out and hunt in as long as the person brings their own legal climbing method for that area. I don't know if they are doing that last part but I'm sure that you could get on that forum and find someone with an extra saddle they'd let you borrow while your there.

3) Work out a deal with someone to put a deposit on their saddle and pay for shipping, obviously that would take some trust on your part but this is a pretty small community still and I haven't heard you anyone screwing over anybody else. but you would only be out shipping that way.

I have been watching the classifieds and saddles are selling for new prices minus shipping. Order one, try it and if it doesn’t work list it for sale or trade for one you want.

Back