• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Never know what you're gonna see on a SD card.

Fosko

Camera 1.jpg
Put a couple of cameras out for turkey season right after deer season ended on Feb. 10th. Was surprised to find this pic in the bunch. Not sure if this was a fresh yote kill or perhaps it ran across it's body. Appears to be an adult deer's head. I've seen plenty of fawn kills from yotes. Not sure how well they do with killing larger deer. Guess anything is possible in the wild. Time to do some predator hunting. Can't help but wonder what's running through the gobbler's head in the background? Ha!

View attachment 64042
Put a couple of cameras out for turkey season right after deer season ended on Feb. 10th. Was surprised to find this pic in the bunch. Not sure if this was a fresh yote kill or perhaps it ran across it's body. Appears to be an adult deer's head. I've seen plenty of fawn kills from yotes. Not sure how well they do with killing larger deer. Guess anything is possible in the wild. Time to do some predator hunting. Can't help but wonder what's running through the gobbler's head in the background? Ha!
The turkey is thinking ''Better him than me" Haha!

Coyotes can and will kill adult whitetails on command, at least here in the Northeast they do, we hunt them all winter, it doesn’t take a whole pack either, one coyote can kill a mature deer alone, more often than not it’s a pair of coyotes when they kill deer.

And the ones we have seem to be getting bigger and more "wolf like" every year.00000019.JPG

Attachments

• 00000018.JPG
    00000018.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 00000166.JPG
    00000166.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
My brother used to skin all our coyotes and ship them to a major fur auction house in Canada I think, FHA I think @woodsdog2 probably knows I’m not a fur guy, anyways when his sale slip came back one year on it one of our coyotes got graded as a timberwolf or brushwolf I can’t remember.

I haven't seen any coy wolves yet here in Wisconsin. Where I hunt there are coyotes all over. Occasionally a wolf comes through and then we don't see any deer or coyotes for a few days.

I'll have to check my computer but I got a collared wolf on one of my tail cams 2 years ago

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

If you're speaking about your pic, I can't really tell. Almost looks like what's left of a mineral block or a Trophy Rock.
Yes referring to my picture. I got that this year and couldn't figure out what it was. Dont think there were any out that I know off except one and it was still there after this pic was taken

Zoom in and it looks like raw meat but rectangle shaped.
That was actually my first thought. I was thinking "Where in the heck did he get a pound of ground beef from?" Ha! There's really no telling. Just when you think you've seen it all, something else catches you off guard.

Back