• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New bow

swampsnyper

After a few years of shooting trad bows I finally knew what I wanted. I like a small grip and riser and wanted a hybrid longbow. I talked to Greg coffee, bowyer for Javaman bows. I told him what I was looking for and he said he had just what I needed. So being the stand up guy that he is, he mailed me a bow to shoot to be sure. It was lighter than I wanted but it had the exact feel that I wanted. I called him up after a few shots and told him to put me on the waiting list. I begged him to let me keep it for the rest of the season but he already had a buyer for it so I had to ship it back. The long 8 month wait began and I wasn't sure what wood I wanted. We shopped around for a while but nothing was exactly what I wanted. I wanted something unique and camo but still a natural wood grain pattern. So I asked him if I could just stain the veneers. He said like this, and showed me an example of one another bowyer done. That was it! So I bought some stain and he shipped me the veneers and I went to making up a broken pattern. This is what I came up with.
e530852b885b9dc30f57cde8538b4ed5.jpg

My goal was if this bow was everything I wanted I would get another exactly the same for a back up. So once it came in and I tuned it up I made the call and said put me back on the list. The more I got to thinking about it the more I thought maybe I don't want exactly the same bow but a matching set, a longbow and a matching recurve. Problem was his recurves were different from his inferno longbow. So we talked. He said he would build a form and build an inferno recurve. And so he did and he named it the Eros. Once again he shipped me the veneers and I stained my camo pattern then shipped them back. It is almost complete and I'll be getting it soon. Can't wait. Just in time for a few 3d shoots.
7181bc8f2c0e47e439123cbbd53526d7.jpg
9c1a55b8262f548d9ade3f67bca5b120.jpg
649b54754d2e28bf0481f8f6a29fd7ac.jpg

Sweeeet!! Love the camo pattern. You need to bring them to the Howard Hill Southeastern Classic in June at Tannehill State Park in Alabama. Terry Harris and I put the shoot on. We get a lot of folks from Mississippi.

I've been to the spring arrow fling there a couple years ago. Beautiful place but it rained on us and made it tough with the wife and 3 lil boys.

That is a really nice setup glad you have a bowyer that will work with you like that and help you get exactly what you want. I'm sure you'll have many great days on the range and in the woods with them. Good shooting and good hunting >>>>--------->

Roger

Shipping out tomorrow!!!!! I'm gonna have to tie a string to it connected to my wrist so I don't lose it in the woods!
14fec5f3869e9507b6f7039d581268e9.jpg
08a72885d2c6ecf82eac7d20083b1664.jpg
74085c1d6a21c2257a2674a43ae0dc41.jpg

Seems like you're looking for a binary cam model with adjustable draw stops. They fit your description for the most part, most of them at 7" brace and up are pretty dang smooth, and adjustable draw stops can create a larger or smaller valley for you

Back