• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New dude/diy saddle/arborist harness

Jwjack0128

New guy here. Been bowhunting the suburbs of north Georgia for about 15 years. Heard about saddles in the past and didn’t spark any interest. I’ve adapted some new hunting tactics and a tree saddle seems to be a good choice for slipping into places less detected by deer.

I was planning a DIY saddle with a rock climbing harness and the sit and drag. Made a checklist of everything I would need. Well, I was talking with my father-in-law and he said he had a harness for me to try. It’s an arborist harness. It has metal rings for the lineman’s belt and such. It’s a tad bit bulky, but actually pretty comfortable to wear. I plan on using stealth strips on the metal.

I’m now somewhat at a crossroads. An idea I had with this harness and the way it is designed is to sew in material from the hip belt to the webbing that the legs loops are attached to for comfort in my bottom. Or still try to incorporate a sit and drag into it. I just think the way this harness is designed it wouldn’t be that bad to sew in fabric and it would basically be similar in design to commercially available tree saddles.

If I were to sew in material, what would you guys suggest I use and where can I purchase it?

Thanks and happy hunting!

500d Cordura nylon would be my suggestion. I buy almost all of my fabric off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cool thanks! I was just looking at some on eBay that looked like realtree duck hunting camo.

Back