• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Maryland.

Dgurry

Oct 12, 2018
Maryland
Hello everyone. I’m making the switch this year, just waiting for the saddle I ordered, “Tethrd Mantis”. I like the idea of packing light and being able to hunt 360 degrees. I’ve acquired a set of Muddy pro sticks with 2 WE steps as a playform alone with 3 rope steps. Appreciate the group.

donnieballgame

May 31, 2017
Welcome from Northern VA, was just in MD chasing Sika at the BWWR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

donnieballgame

May 31, 2017
Nice, how was the mosquitos? Hopefully not to bad.

There were lots of them, honestly it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I did have a good number of bites through my lightweight camo shirt that I wore in and bug spray would just sweat off of everything. Our campsite was good because it was right on the bay so we almost always had a little breeze and @Jcar grabbed me a head net which was good walking in and out in the dark, next time I'm going to wear a hat that has a brim all around to keep the net off of my face, because I would still get bit when the net would touch my ear or cheek, lol. Oh and once I got setup the thermacell seemed to help. I posted a picture in of @redsquirrel's back while hiking in that had a bunch of the really big mosquitos on it, lol.

Exiled in MD

May 30, 2018
Maryland
Welcome from Annapolis! This site is fantastic. I'm always going deeper into the old posts to find out something new. I use the W.E. Steppes for climbing and platform. I'm heading up north for a week of big woods whitetail action next week. When I get back look me up if you got any questions.

Reactions: donnieballgame

Dgurry

Oct 12, 2018
Maryland
Welcome from Annapolis! This site is fantastic. I'm always going deeper into the old posts to find out something new. I use the W.E. Steppes for climbing and platform. I'm heading up north for a week of big woods whitetail action next week. When I get back look me up if you got any questions.
Appreciate it. I just started going back and reading the older posts, great information. Yeah, I’m Heading to hunt in NY (Maine) at the end of the month for 5 days. Hoping my saddle comes in before I go up, I can’t wait to use it. Good luck!