• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NEW FROM NC

Semper_Fi13

Hey Everyone,
I am a new saddle hunter here in NC and looking forward to this season. I will be getting my saddle tomorrow and only have a couple days to practice. Is there any advice you all can give. I have the Lone Wolf Assassin platform. Have a blessed day

You still on the coast or have you relocated elsewhere in the state? Quite a few of us from NC on here now. Used to just be two of us LOL. Best advice is practice a lot and spend a lot of time at lower heights to get a feel for the gear and to customize your setup to your individual comfort and proficiency. Practice shooting from the saddle too to get the 360 benefits dialed in. Good luck from Charlotte area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from northeastern NC, Halifax county, I agree with @kelly.jayp , lots of practice in the saddle,especially this time of year, get used to shooting at ground level, then get dialed in at elevation, and dont overlook practicing those close to the tree shots from hunting height, 0 to 10 yards, alot of people neglect the close up shots and they can be tricky, I missed a nice buck last year a 5 yards, that will not happen to me again this year from lack of practice!!!!

Thanks everyone, I live in the Raleigh area and just unboxed my Mantis saddle. Wow this saddle is awesome lol. Tethrd really shipped my saddle out quickly to me also, just wish some stuff was not on back order. Opening day here for me is Sept 7 and I plan on being in the saddle. Does anyone use the Ropeman 1 instead of the prusik knot? If so do you like it. I have one in my linemans belt but made the belt late last year so have not really used it yet. Thanks for the awesome welcomw and great advise so far.

Back