• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from North Alabama

gcr0003

SH Member
Like many, I have watched from afar for sometime. I'm just now starting to really consider getting a saddle, and just starting to read and interact on the site. This is my fourth deer season. I got my first buck and doe with a compound last year.

I hunt public land but am focusing on fellowship with other hunters this year after going 3 years solo. That being said, If any of you fellas from North Alabama want to scout or hunt with me, let me know and lets see if we can make it happen. I've enjoyed one hunt with a friend of mine this season and it was a blast.

Additionally, I have already met one bama saddle hunter. I met @Bama_Xander online through a craigslist ad for a summit climber and he has been kind enough to share knowledge and gear reviews with me. I hope I can learn and do the same soon.

Lastly, I just picked up a stick bow and my goal is to get proficient enough with it to take a deer this season.

Like many, I have watched from afar for sometime. I'm just now starting to really consider getting a saddle, and just starting to read and interact on the site. This is my fourth deer season. I got my first buck and doe with a compound last year.

I hunt public land but am focusing on fellowship with other hunters this year after going 3 years solo. That being said, If any of you fellas from North Alabama want to scout or hunt with me, let me know and lets see if we can make it happen. I've enjoyed one hunt with a friend of mine this season and it was a blast.

Additionally, I have already met one bama saddle hunter. I met @Bama_Xander online through a craigslist ad for a summit climber and he has been kind enough to share knowledge and gear reviews with me. I hope I can learn and do the same soon.

Lastly, I just picked up a stick bow and my goal is to get proficient enough with it to take a deer this season.

WHATS UP! Welcome to Saddle Hunter! Long time no see. Glad I could help you out. Let me know if you want to get together sometime to scout or hunt.

Welcome from coastal NC!!! Good to have another stick bow shooter, stick with it you will fall in love!!!!

Ni
Nice! You can also make them from wool or yarn if you want to try it yourself it is what I do and it is really easy, check it out on YouTube!

I’ve seen them before but I prefer these. A friend at work brought me a bunch of them. These are just old spinner bait skirts but not rebranded and overpriced.

Live in Good Hope, work in Huntsville.
Welcome! I live in Bremen near Cold Springs.
I Just moved to good hope a few months back, I’m not familiar with Bremen or Cold springs.

I just looked up Bremen. It appears you arent but about 15 minutes away. Do you typically hunt Bankhead or do you have lease or private land?

Last edited:
Yes Bremen is very close to good hope. It’s on highway 69 about halfway to jasper. I’m about 10-15 mins from the cullman archery range by the golf course. I hunt private land mostly. I have hunted public a few times. We have a lot of family land that I hunt the most. I am also in a hunting club that is located in crane hill. It’s my first year to join a club. Just wanted to try it. I haven’t even hunted there yet. 90% of the time I’m hunting our family land. I’m really the only one who hunts it. I have a friend that I let hunt it a few times a year.

Back