• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from NY

Catskills

New guy here from Sullivan County, NY. Last year was my first year hunting but I had success from the ground so I am hooked. I learned right away I do not want to be stuck in 1 stand all season so I need a climber or a saddle. I am leaning toward getting the kestral! There are so many options that it is overwhelming. After a day of lurking and reading thru the forums I think I found the right place to answer all of my questions. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

I am planning on hunting more public this upcoming fall so that will factor into my choices as well

Welcome to the site.

I've seen many posts from guys (myself included) who said "I used to use a climber, but once I moved to a saddle, I sold the climber and never looked back!" You might as well benefit from all of our experiences and skip the climber altogether!...

New guy here from Sullivan County, NY. Last year was my first year hunting but I had success from the ground so I am hooked. I learned right away I do not want to be stuck in 1 stand all season so I need a climber or a saddle. I am leaning toward getting the kestral! There are so many options that it is overwhelming. After a day of lurking and reading thru the forums I think I found the right place to answer all of my questions. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

I am planning on hunting more public this upcoming fall so that will factor into my choices as well

Hey a somewhat local! I am in Orange county, middletown, NY. I have a few large trophylines that if you want to try out. Also have the wildedge climbing system if you want to see how that works as well. Ring of steps, ernie platform ... Just let me know if I can help you out with your transition into a saddle.

I also have an API climber that has been collecting dust if you really want to try a climber!

Hey a somewhat local! I am in Orange county, middletown, NY. I have a few large trophylines that if you want to try out. Also have the wildedge climbing system if you want to see how that works as well. Ring of steps, ernie platform ... Just let me know if I can help you out with your transition into a saddle.

I also have an API climber that has been collecting dust if you really want to try a climber!

thanks man! How similar to the kestral is the trophyline? It would be great to try before making an investment. I work in Orange County so I am not far

Similar? ehh same saddle hunting feel. The kestrel is more fitted for sure. I had one for a few months and went back to the trophyline, but I did like the kestrel. It would be a good idea to hop in any saddle 12 in off the ground and see what its all about. When I got my kestrel I was in the tree comfortably in 3 mins so the concept is the same. The idea of a tether, bridge and linemans belt all the same.

welcome to the site! I wouldn't skip the climber otherwise you wont know what your missing when you buy a saddle! lol

Welcome to the site. Yeah I think you should get the heaviest climber you can find & start hiking. That will make up your mind real quick. I’m not trying to bag on climbers, but I sure don’t miss looking for straight perfect diameter trees. I just don’t miss packing in stands period!

Welcome to the site! You won’t go back to stand hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back