• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from SE Minnesota...

Semnman

Got hooked on archery hunting last year and needed a more effective way to hunt public land... so here I am.. ordered a kite from new tribe last week but with a projected ship day for September... can’t wait that long.... so I just bought a kestrel off eBay it will be here next week and can’t wait to get in the tree!!! Still torn on a climbing method I want to use but I’m sure I’ll figure something out with the wealth of knowledge on here!

Welcome ...and I'd say if you have the ability to try all the climbing methods, experiment if you can. Lots of ways to get up a tree and they are very individualized!

Welcome! Since you're pretty new to archery altogether, a few tips are below. God bless you bro!

A. Make sure you're shooting with your dominant eye. If not, switch now. Your accuracy will go up dramatically.

B. Get an EZV sight... period.

C. Start with SRT and you won't be disappointed later when you have to sell all your other climbing methods because you're shooting for the lightest and most efficient way up a tree. Your pocket and wife will thank you.

Welcome from Gastonia, NC! Like you said, a lot of great knowledge on the site, and good bunch of guys and gals.

Welcome to the site, why don’t you see if you can find another saddle hunter near you ( most of us have a small hoard of climbing methods). Test a few out & save your wallet & learning curve.....

Last edited:
Welcome from Iowa. This is a great site. I suggest you lock up the credit card, the spending on gear is only going to get worse. Trust me. Resistance is futile.

Welcome from Iowa!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Middle Tennessee. I just started looking into the EZV site that Redbeard suggested. Thing looks pretty impressive.

Welcome! Since you're pretty new to archery altogether, a few tips are below. God bless you bro!

A. Make sure you're shooting with your dominant eye. If not, switch now. Your accuracy will go up dramatically.

B. Get an EZV sight... period.

C. Start with SRT and you won't be disappointed later when you have to sell all your other climbing methods because you're shooting for the lightest and most efficient way up a tree. Your pocket and wife will thank you.
Thanks man... I’ve been into archery since my teens(damn near 30 now) finally just started really hunting with a bow tho... I’m definitely interested in srt and drt.. fortunately for me no wife to worry bout!

Thanks man... I’ve been into archery since my teens(damn near 30 now) finally just started really hunting with a bow tho... I’m definitely interested in srt and drt.. fortunately for me no wife to worry bout!
Sounds great!

Back