• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New From Southern Indiana

Nomad Hunter

Congrats to redsquirrel on a fantastic website!

I'm active duty military currently stationed in southern Indiana. I'm married with school aged children. Between Family and Army demands - my hunting time is limited...but bow hunting consumes me!

I own a GW. B/C of this forum, I'm purchasing an aeroevolution. I'll try both this next season and share observations.

Being active duty military and moving every 2 years - my hunting style must be mobile, light, and quiet. Can't say how much I appreciate all the diverse opinions in this forum. My bowhunting bucket list has exponentially increased since reading these pages of observations!

In addition to this forum and hunting beast, I'm consumed with reading Brad Herndon's "Mapping Trophy Bucks" (teaches you where to hunt); Charles Alsheimer's "Hunting Whitetails by the Moon," (teaches you when to hunt); and John Eberhart's "Precision Bow Hunting" (teaches you how to hunt). In fact, I continuously review anything John Eberhart offers as I think it works for me. I was not fortunate to grow up in a hunting Family - so I study as much as I can.

Red Squirrel - thanks for the FANTASTIC advice and video you made on a saddle hunting platform. I purchased the exact same rig (Ameristep steps with a Boxer Tie Down over the center buckle). It's light and quiet.

Figured I'd join the forum and say hello as I've been lurking so long.

Best to all as you start/continuing scouting in preperation for the Fall.

Welcome to the site! Thank you for your kind words, and for your service!

It is great to have you here! It sounds like you are going to fit in perfectly! :D

I'm glad you liked the video on the OC buckle. I think it is a great setup, I used it many times this season. I only wish I could find more compact steps and a smaller OC buckle that would get tight. At least I have a working setup though! :cool:

I thank you for your service to this country. I get so angry about the direction I think our political leaders are taking us, but this is still the greatest country in the world and it's largely due to our men and women who serve. Thank you
I've read the books you mentioned also, and there's a ton of good stuff in them. Happy hunting, and thanks again

Back