• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy from Alexandria, VA

USVA

Hey everyone,

Recent new member and avid bowhunter from Northern Virginia.

New to hunting from a saddle and excited to make the switch. Mostly hunt urban/suburban on small parcel lots. Purchased a Kestrel saddle a couple months back but recently decided to send back and swap it out for the Mantis (liked that it’s lighter, was cheaper, and appears to have better ventilation).

Trying to get up to speed and acclimated to everything saddle-related so for me this community forum is a Godsend. Have read/watched all of Eberhart’s books/DVDs, most of g2outdoors’ YouTube videos, and a lot of the threads here on this site. Pumped to keep learning and thankful to have found this site where folks are willing to share their knowledge - haven’t had that happen very often for most of my hunting life, so very cool.

Looking forward to learning more and interacting with y’all.

USVA

Welcome, glad to have another NOVA hunter, we're looking at doing a 3d shoot/Saddle demo sometime Jun 18-20(I think).

Welcome. Spent my first two years out of college living just outside Old Town then a brief stint in Ballston. Loved the bar scene, absolutely hated the urban hunting, but someones gotta do it!

Welcome. Spent my first two years out of college living just outside Old Town then a brief stint in Ballston. Loved the bar scene, absolutely hated the urban hunting, but someones gotta do it!

I live just outside of Old Town, and yeah great bar scene along King Street down by the water. LOL, yeah, just trying to do my part to thin out the ridiculously overpopulated deer herd here in Fairfax and Prince William Counties. That said, it ain't all bad.Deer 3.jpg

Hey everyone,

New to hunting from a saddle and excited to make the switch. Mostly hunt urban/suburban on small parcel lots. Purchased a Kestrel saddle a couple months back but recently decided to send back and swap it out for the Mantis (liked that it’s lighter, was cheaper, and appears to have better ventilation).

Trying to get up to speed and acclimated to everything saddle-related so for me this community forum is a Godsend. Have read/watched all of Eberhart’s books/DVDs, most of g2outdoors’ YouTube videos, and a lot of the threads here on this site. Pumped to keep learning and thankful to have found this site where folks are willing to share their knowledge - haven’t had that happen very often for most of my hunting life, so very cool.

USVA
Welcome from Michigan.

Hey everyone,

USVA

Welcome and totally agree about the potential learning curve of this site and the genuine decency of its members. I have just about given up on all other sites because there is simply too much divisiveness and arguing.

I say and do a lot of things that other hunters don't agree with and I'm totally good with that and try not to be confrontational.

Welcome and totally agree about the potential learning curve of this site and the genuine decency of its members. I have just about given up on all other sites because there is simply too much divisiveness and arguing.

I say and do a lot of things that other hunters don't agree with and I'm totally good with that and try not to be confrontational.

Thank you and it's an honor sir!

Back