• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy from MA

Dale Rheaume

Hi All! New to bowhunting this year at 47 years old...can’t believe it took me this long. I’ve been drinking from the fountain of knowledge from guys like John Eberhart, Dan Infalt, Garrett Prahl, Greg Godfrey, and others. My hunts (unsuccessful so far) have been from LW hang on, and recently caught wind of this saddle hunting phenom. My Mantis, Predator and WE Steps are all on order, and looking forward to swinging in the saddle when they arrive. My girl is leaving in 3 weeks for a 2 year Peace Corp assignment in Myanmar, so I will have nothing but time on my hands to drill some skills. Love the forum, and looking forward to becoming a brother of the tribe and earning my stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,

I started bow hunting at 36 so I know where your coming from. Cant believe I missed out on this for so many years. Without a hunting mentor growing up it is easy to miss out. The good news is, it's never to late to learn and the experiences you have can be shared and passed on to your children or neices/nephews.....

The Mobility and stealth of saddle hunting as well as applying what I can retain of Dan Infault's knowledge of wind and thermals, has been the key to my first successful season. There is a lot of useful information on this site and I wish I found it sooner.

What zone in Mass are you?

Welcome,

I started bow hunting at 36 so I know where your coming from. Cant believe I missed out on this for so many years. Without a hunting mentor growing up it is easy to miss out. The good news is, it's never to late to learn and the experiences you have can be shared and passed on to your children or neices/nephews.....

The Mobility and stealth of saddle hunting as well as applying what I can retain of Dan Infault's knowledge of wind and thermals, has been the key to my first successful season. There is a lot of useful information on this site and I wish I found it sooner.

What zone in Mass are you?

Thanks for the welcome. I do have a young daughter who’s sharing the fun of archery with me, and an adult nephew that wants to start hunting with me next season. My grandfather and uncle were hunters, but both passed before they could pass on the knowledge. I’m truly grateful to all of you willing to share, and help to shorten the learning curve.

I’m in Attleboro Zone 11. Living on the border with RI, I decided to grab a license there too. Glad I did as the season runs till end of January, so I expect to get at least one more sit...crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the welcome redsquirrel, and thank you for being the guardian of decency and decorum of this forum. I’ve visited other forums, and quickly exited due to behavior I deemed inappropriate. This forum is truly reserved for ladies and gentlemen...very refreshing indeed.

Thanks for the welcome. I do have a young daughter who’s sharing the fun of archery with me, and an adult nephew that wants to start hunting with me next season. My grandfather and uncle were hunters, but both passed before they could pass on the knowledge. I’m truly grateful to all of you willing to share, and help to shorten the learning curve.

I’m in Attleboro Zone 11. Living on the border with RI, I decided to grab a license there too. Glad I did as the season runs till end of January, so I expect to get at least one more sit...crossing my fingers.

Welcome from Acton!

That RI license does look tempting!

Thanks for the welcome redsquirrel, and thank you for being the guardian of decency and decorum of this forum. I’ve visited other forums, and quickly exited due to behavior I deemed inappropriate. This forum is truly reserved for ladies and gentlemen...very refreshing indeed.

Thank you! I try my best! :)

@Dale Rheaume welcome and come join us for our Massachusetts get together at the end of April. Pete

Thank you Peterk1234! I’m definitely planning to attend the April gathering. I should have all my kit by then...I hope. The hugely popular WE Stepps are running 8-12 weeks minimum according to my order confirmation. I take that as a sign they are that good. I’m also considering Savanna GA in February...anyone else?

Joined the Army in 1986 when I graduated high school and stayed down south! All my family is still in MA. I hate snow

Yes snow is one of things we must deal with up here. That’s why we ski...it’s a make lemonade when lemons are thrown our way kind of thing:)

Back