• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy from SE WI

Kmark77

Hi Everyone.

Recently discovered saddle hunting and I am very intrigued by the idea. I've never really felt comfortable on traditional hang on stands (had some close calls when I first started hunting) and saddle hunting seems way safer. Looking to gain knowledge and learn the ropes before purchasing a saddle.

A little about myself. Grew up in a family that didn't hunt and was convinced by some friends in HS to pick it up. Started off with rifle and recently started bow hunting. Most of my hunting knowledge comes from my buddies or self taught via trial and error. I recently moved to SE WI from out of state and the area is new to me, so any advice from my fellow WI hunters would be appreciated!

Thanks is advance,
-Kegan

Welcome from Jefferson County! Lots of info on the site so don’t get overwhelmed. Everyone is more than happy to help!

As far as my best advice for the area? It’ll all depend on where you’ll be hunting. Around south eastern area, the swampier the better.

I’m neighbor to you ...round lake beach Illinois but I’m a newbie myself so tagging along here. Pm me if you like to meet and learn this as I have a medium mantis but haven’t pick up a set of sticks as I’m waiting for 2020 model. Spring before summer I have climbing method selected

Welcome from Maryland! Plenty of info here, check out the map & new user threads. Just get familiar with the vocabulary & learn to use the search function. Great crew here!

Welcome. I am a live long resident of SE Wisconsin. I am currently in Slinger but hunt in NW Wisconsin. There is a thread about a get together for Wisconsin saddle members. It's going to be in the SE Wisconsin area. I'll paste a link here for you. I just have to find it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Here you go. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Welcome from SE Wisconsin. I am working on organizing the meetup this summer that @Homebrew454 referenced above.

I hunt SE public land exclusively and have really been enjoying it since going mobile. There is lots of pressure down here but you can still find some overlooked spots if you aren’t afraid to put in the scouting time.

Cool. Ill definetly keep checking for updates on the meetup!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back