• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy in Maine.

trukweaz

mid 40s new to bow hunting. 1 year with normal set ups but want to try some small plots and oddly shaped areas that have tough access. any help appreciated! thanks.

Welcome! Lots of resources here already and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Welcome, trukweaz. I'm also from Maine. Not too many of us saddle hunters here but I know of a few. Just shout if any questions.

-Drew

thanks guys. Ill be mixing and matching some traditional stand hunting with saddles where I can. Any top secret tips appreciated. I have a few spots where it is THICK and the trees have lots of low branches so looking forward to getting into those spots soon.

Welcome trukweaz. When I first got on this site I just read all the threads. All kinds of information to check out.

Maine - really want to get after deer there after reading Hal Blood's "Big Woods Bucks". Although he wasn't a saddlehunter but a tracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maine - really want to get after deer there after reading Hal Blood's "Big Woods Bucks". Although he wasn't a saddlehunter but a tracker.

Great book. Like you said, totally different type of hunting than bow hunting from a saddle. Very hard work tracking a buck for miles in his home country but it is exciting knowing that you have a big one in front of you.

Back