• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy questions

Squirrels

Oct 29, 2017
Completely green. My kestrel came in today. I did not order a tree strap or lineman’s belt. I’ve made my own before and have an extra Millennium safe line.

1: Recommendations on tree strap length would be appreciated. Unsure what to make it since they say to double wrap.

2: Also anyone have a recommended lineman’s belt length?

3: Can I ditch the steel carabiner that is on the bridge and opt for a lighter weight Black Diamond positron I already have?

4: I have a sterling ropes brand 1” wide sling that is 24”. Would that be a better alternative bridge than what can with the harness. Girth hitched on one side, carabiner in the opposite side?

Sorry fellas, just green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birddog

Nov 4, 2015
I'll take a stab at it.
1. Totally dependent on the size trees you are hunting. Mine is about 7 feet long, although I'm experimenting with a combination of webbing, rope, ropeman 2. It'll be lighter, shorter. Similar in function to what John E is using. If I knew how to sew, I'd make one like his. I never use a double wrap.
2. Mine's 6', but that's long for most of the trees I use.
3. I'm sure that's fine.
4. That sling will work fine if it is long enough to suit you. It'll slide smoothly through the biner on your tree strap.

Good luck.

ImThere

Oct 20, 2015
Lewisburg, TN
www.tapatalk.com
1&2 mine are the same length about 7 - 8 ft. Incase i need to go around branches.
3 please do
4 sure if that’s the bridge you want. Try it you will love it or hate it. To me it would depend on how it slides through the tether carabiner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

Oct 29, 2017
Thank guys. I tested the sling I had for the bridge and not sure it slides as smoothly as I'd like.

Birddog, can you direct me to John E's setup. I can inject thread.