• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy: where to find the Google Map to connect with others near me?

LiverEatingJoe

I'm brand new. Live in the mountains of western North Carolina (by Pisgah National Forest, Smoky Mountain National Park, etc) west of Asheville.

Looking to connect with other saddle hunters to learn from.

Other than on my desktop computer, I haven’t figured out yet how to pull the map up so that I can see where everyone is on my phone or ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Other than on my desktop computer, I haven’t figured out yet how to pull the map up so that I can see where everyone is on my phone or ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have the google maps app you can view it from a mobile device.
Download app
Google search saddle hunter map from your web browser and click on the link in g2’s first post under “saddle hunter google map” thread and it will direct you to the app and the map
That’s the only way I have found it to work.

It’s been growing tremendously in the past month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I see a member RABBIT85 nearby. How can I get in touch with him? I did a search for member on the forum and could not find him?

@RABBIT85 If he is still a active member maybe he will reply.

With a profile name like that I might be afraid to meet up with you! Hannibal Lector and buffalo bill stuff lol.

I could see it now...
Wife : Where are you going?
Me: meeting a new guy from saddlehunter to show him my saddle.
Wife: oh you know him?
Me: just through the sight ... his name is livereatingjoe.
Wife: it was nice knowing you babe.

With a profile name like that I might be afraid to meet up with you! Hannibal Lector and buffalo bill stuff lol.

I could see it now...
Wife : Where are you going?
Me: meeting a new guy from saddlehunter to show him my saddle.
Wife: oh you know him?
Me: just through the sight ... his name is livereatingjoe.
Wife: it was nice knowing you babe.

LOL!

It is a reference to famous mountain man "Liver Eating Johnson" (of whom the film Jeremiah Johnson is based on).

About 30 min South of Asheville myself LiverEatingJoe. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my first saddle to get shipped so not very much you can learn from me haha. Good to know there's some saddlers close to home though.

About 30 min South of Asheville myself LiverEatingJoe. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my first saddle to get shipped so not very much you can learn from me haha. Good to know there's some saddlers close to home though.

When you get your stuff look me up and we can compare notes and gear. I'm about 30min west of Asheville in Haywood County.

Back