• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New hunting pack break in?

Rivers387

Does anyone have any recommendation on how to get rid of that new pack smell? I just ordered a new pack and I would like to get rid of the new smell as quick as possible.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

The new pack smell that you can smell or the new pack smell that the deer can smell?

The new pack smell that you can smell or the new pack smell that the deer can smell?
I know if it smells new to me it's really going to have a strong odor for the deer that they aren't use to.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Try at your own risk....

5 gallon bucket, water, 1 or 2 cup white vinegar, and some baking soda....soak the bag and ring it out repeatedly. Rinse repeatedly once u finished with clean water. Like old times when the women folk beat clothes on a rock... washboard would help if u own 1

Softens fabric and deodorizes....I do this with heavy fabric that needs to be softened....

Option 2 is to drag it behind a boat in saltwater for a while

Try at your own risk....

5 gallon bucket, water, 1 or 2 cup white vinegar, and some baking soda....soak the bag and ring it out repeatedly. Rinse repeatedly once u finished with clean water. Like old times when the women folk beat clothes on a rock... washboard would help if u own 1

Softens fabric and deodorizes....I do this with heavy fabric that needs to be softened....

Option 2 is to drag it behind a boat in saltwater for a while
I was gonna suggest something similar, drag it down a gravel road behind a car or drag it through a field.

If you search GoRuck on YT, I washed mine the way they did. Bucket of water and scent free soap, submerge the pack, use a brush to scrub the soap in, rinse with hose, leave it in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back