• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New kayak build. Truck dropped today

Nice! I'm seriously considering selling my small fishing boat this year to swap out for a pedal kayak. I think it'll get more use, take up less yard space and and be more flexible for waters to use it in. Let us know how you like it.

Haha that is the room off of the garage that never gets used for anything. I got an eye roll out of it from my girl too.
It will be hung from the ceiling in the garage. I lined it up with my roof rack. Drops right down in place ready to roll. Maybe tomorrow it goes out on the water. I was going to name it McHunt. But it doesn’t sound right when you say it out loud.

Working on one here. XPS foam and going to cover it in Kevlar.
1d5475053e58197f311570d22557e232.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok im following. Looks nice was thinking nucanoe with motor. But this looks so much simpler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on one here. XPS foam and going to cover it in Kevlar.
1d5475053e58197f311570d22557e232.jpg

We need a build thread on that sucker!!

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

We need a build thread on that sucker!!

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Stupid easy to build. Took it out today to see how stable it was to stand in or if I needed to add some foam runners on the side. Seems ok as it is and held my 220 and only drew about 5”. 10’ x 32” wide mainly for fishing. Weighs less 20# and covered with the Kevlar fabric should by durable. Gotta bunch left if anyone wants some There’s a spot where I hunt that you can either walk 2 miles or paddle a couple hundred yards may give that a go.

Summon the Google and find an instructable called “sawfish foam kayak”. Also see YouTube “battleyak” and “nite Wolfe foam kayak”. Great thing is you can make it however you want and XPS foam don’t sink! As it sits have around $150 in it including turkey lounger seat and paddle. Will post my build thread when done if interested.

Stupid easy to build. Took it out today to see how stable it was to stand in or if I needed to add some foam runners on the side. Seems ok as it is and held my 220 and only drew about 5”. 10’ x 32” wide mainly for fishing. Weighs less 20# and covered with the Kevlar fabric should by durable. Gotta bunch left if anyone wants some There’s a spot where I hunt that you can either walk 2 miles or paddle a couple hundred yards may give that a go.

Summon the Google and find an instructable called “sawfish foam kayak”. Also see YouTube “battleyak” and “nite Wolfe foam kayak”. Great thing is you can make it however you want and XPS foam don’t sink! As it sits have around $150 in it including turkey lounger seat and paddle. Will post my build thread when done if interested.

I’ve seen the BattleYak and Nite Wolfe, and thought about doing a similar kayak. But, cabelas keeps running their new Ascend 10t for $499.00 when sales hit, and it is hard not to jump on that!
I don’t have the equipment or experience for Kevlar, carbon fiber, or fiberglass. If I were to do a sawfish, it would be with a fabric and latex paint exterior.

-IkemanTx

I’ve seen the BattleYak and Nite Wolfe, and thought about doing a similar kayak. But, cabelas keeps running their new Ascend 10t for $499.00 when sales hit, and it is hard not to jump on that!
I don’t have the equipment or experience for Kevlar, carbon fiber, or fiberglass. If I were to do a sawfish, it would be with a fabric and latex paint exterior.

-IkemanTx

Yep. I would do the rubber roofing paint. Walmart can make it any color you want. I built one of those boats like the guy on Texas bowhunter several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely interested. I'm always questing for the perfect small boat for deer and ducks.

-IkemanTx
I am doing it the same way, just using the Kevlar being I have about a 100 yards of it. Glued the bottom on this morning. Used a carpet seam roller instead of his wallpaper tool to give it some more surface area. Did some tests with the kevlar and titebond held good and going to hit it with the house paint when done.

I am doing it the same way, just using the Kevlar being I have about a 100 yards of it. Glued the bottom on this morning. Used a carpet seam roller instead of his wallpaper tool to give it some more surface area. Did some tests with the kevlar and titebond held good and going to hit it with the house paint when done.
I really like the idea. I can see liking a sit on type design a lot more if it weighed 20lbs instead of 80! A 28" wide, 12' boat could be a cool duck killer.

How do you think that foam would hold up to pokey sticks and cypress knees? I like the idea of fabric exterior, you could buy a roll of Realtree and have a camo boat!

Back